cathedral. The voicers are making very fine sounds already which are

making me very happy....

Why not spend a week with us in May 2008? The preliminary program for

this week is online at

http://www.magdeburgerdommusik.de/html/orgelfest.html

the page should be looking a little better within the next few weeks! Young,

up-and-coming organists should consider the concurrent 4th

August-Gottfried-Ritter Organ Competition, the final round of which will

form part of the festival in the cathedral, and with a first prize of € 7,500, not to be sneezed at.

While you're at it, take a look at the programme for this year's

"Orgelkunst" summer recital series at

http://www.magdeburgerdommusik.de/html/orgelkunst_2007.html

Cheers

Barry

While you're at it, take a look at the programme for this year's

"Orgelkunst" summer recital series at

http://www.magdeburgerdommusik.de/html/orgelkunst_2007.html

Cheers

Barry

Buxtehude and Langlais - that's quite a pairing, Barry! But delighted to see you are playing Mad Rush - have you played it before in a recital? I played it at a recital a few weeks ago and it went down well.

Peter

Buxtehude and Langlais - that's quite a pairing, Barry! But delighted to see you are playing Mad Rush - have you played it before in a recital? I played it at a recital a few weeks ago and it went down well.

Peter

It's Langlais' 100th birthday. The 1st Symphony is an excellent piece, I think, but I've never actually heard anyone play it, and I've been to a lot of recitals.

I've never played Mad Rush before. I try to include one piece that I don't think anyone will have heard before. Last year it was "Riff-Raff", went down a treat.

Cheers

Barry

My Parish has recently had a visit from Pastor Michael from Magdeburg and he was telling me the builders stayed in accomodation provided by his church, being nosey I looked at the scheme and it seems to be a mighty instrument. I will eagerly await recordings of it.

My Parish has recently had a visit from Pastor Michael from Magdeburg and he was telling me the builders stayed in accomodation provided by his church, being nosey I looked at the scheme and it seems to be a mighty instrument. I will eagerly await recordings of it.

It used to be the thing for organ builders staying away on a contract to be put up into houses of church members. One often came across some most peculiar accommodation and often well meaning, highly religious people who could make life very uncomfortable - it might even be worth a `string' of it's own!

FF

It used to be the thing for organ builders staying away on a contract to be put up into houses of church members. One often came across some most peculiar accommodation and often well meaning, highly religious people who could make life very uncomfortable - it might even be worth a `string' of it's own!

FF

They rented an apartment, but yes, it was property of some parish or church organisation. Well, they are still there. Pastor Michael? Rings no bells, strange, because there aren't that many of them here. In the unchurched East we have no need of them!

B

They rented an apartment, but yes, it was property of some parish or church organisation. Well, they are still there. Pastor Michael? Rings no bells, strange, because there aren't that many of them here. In the unchurched East we have no need of them!

B

Ill find out his full name but it was the property of his church, he would have to be Anglicanish to be linked to us

B

Ill find out his full name but it was the property of his church, he would have to be Anglicanish to be linked to us

B

Not really, we are twinned with Worcester cathedral and we are lutheran. Nothing anglicanish around here!

Cheers

Barry

I've never played Mad Rush before. I try to include one piece that I don't think anyone will have heard before. Last year it was "Riff-Raff", went down a treat.

Cheers

Barry

Riff-Raff: isn't that the one with dynamic changes every half bar or so which must be done without recourse to expression pedals?

Peter

Barry this is a quote from a previous post of mine about Mad Rush - do you agree with me?

P

If anyone is thinking of buying or has bought the score (as I have) there are one or two misprints. At bar 99 the right hand part should be the same as in the previous bar, The LH Es in bars 170-1 should be tied.

Peter

Riff-Raff: isn't that the one with dynamic changes every half bar or so which must be done without recourse to expression pedals?

Indeed. On the three manual, not very large organ, there were 478 registration changes. And no combinations. My poor registrants were totally finished at the end.

Barry this is a quote from a previous post of mine about Mad Rush - do you agree with me?

Probably. This bar is analogous to bar 22 or 46. so the bass progression is correct. In other cases the chord is always g-minorsomething.

Cheers

B

• 3 years later...