Mander Organ Builders Forum

Olivier Messiaen

acc

Also Leroy Anderson (100 years since birth) Giacomo Puccini (150 years) John Blow (300 years dead) and Edward Macdowell (100 years)

Any of these composers' music would be infinitely preferable to listen to (or play) than Messian :) for me (personal opinion!!!)

According to Wikipedia [yes, I know.....] César Franck was born on this day in 1822. I shall play some of his music later....

I, in February, share a birthday with Widor, Segovia and Delibes, not to mention W.H. Auden, Douglas Bader (to whom a sort of semi-uncle of mine was batman during WWII), Nina Simone and Wish Bone, an American rapper. Mmmmm

Oh God, and Robert Mugabe.

You share your birthday with God? :)

J

According to Wikipedia [yes, I know.....] César Franck was born on this day in 1822. I shall play some of his music later....

I, in February, share a birthday with Widor, Segovia and Delibes, not to mention W.H. Auden, Douglas Bader (to whom a sort of semi-uncle of mine was batman during WWII), Nina Simone and Wish Bone, an American rapper. Mmmmm

Oh God, and Robert Mugabe.

attending a performance of 'La Nativite' at Blackburn Cathedral, played by Richard Tanner DoM.

Richard played very well and the organ sounded absolutely superb.

I was at Armley on sunday (along with Ron Poole, another board member) to hear Graham Barber play 'La Nativite', again, nice performance ( not that I would know, too modern for me) and organ was in fine fettle as well. and he let me record it too :blink:

Peter