61 replies to this topic

#61 Gwas Bach

Gwas Bach

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted 09 October 2016 - 02:20 PM

I've mentioned this instrument before, with a manual 16' despite having only one manual.

This instrument has an unusual first manual, like other examples discussed in this thread.

#62 handsoff

handsoff

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 630 posts

Posted 10 October 2016 - 07:40 AM

I last week played one of the instruments in our benefice for the first time having been asked to play for a few services in the near future. I don't think that it's especially bizarre but there are some odd features and the keys are the yellowest I have ever seen.

The Open Diapason finishes at bottom F, the Dulciana and Claribel Flute finish at tenor C and the Stopped Diapason Bass is just the bottom octave so needs to be drawn all the time. The principal chorus is powerful and I think will need to be used with care in this relatively small church. The 4' Principal is a little too large to use with either the Claribel Flute or Stopped Diapason, a combination that I use a lot in my own church, but I shall need to hear it from the body of the church before deciding what will and will not work.

The pedal board is awkward being short compass, straight, with the notes closer together than usual and shifted to the right by about 4 notes so that bottom C is about where one would expect bottom F to be. I've never had any problem with looking at my feet whlle playing but it will be particularly essential here.

http://www.npor.org.....html?RI=N05881

Wanted Quantum Physicist, Dead and Alive

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users