Mander Organ Builders Forum

"Organs and Organists: Their Inside Stories"

John Mander has very kindly given his blessing for me to make a brazen advertisement for my latest book, "Organs and Organists: Their Inside Stories" on your forum. John himself and several of you have helped by contributing - for all this I am immensely grateful.

I'll keep it as short as possible since all the info you will need is on the website.

But I am happy, relieved (delirious almost) to tell you all that my almost-sequel to Organ-isms: Anecdotes from the World of the King of Instruments is now in the last stages of production and will be hitting the streets (figuratively speaking I hope) in June/July. It is a vast tome (it put on weight faster than me in a chocky factory) at 416 pages of full colour with masses of cartoons, photos, drawings and goodness knows what else. It took on a life of its own. It is also impossible to describe. A little slideshow of some of the pages on the webpage will help give you an idea...

The good thing is that I can offer a slight discount for pre-publication expressions of interest. It will undoubtedly be cheaper for you to order from Butz rather than me if you live in the northern hemisphere . But still put your name down so that we know to contact you once the book is available and you still qualify for the discount as well as the cheaper version from Europe. Both printings are identical - it is just that we are trying to save you money on the postage!

You can always email me, but the quickest thing is to visit this webpage with the info

Cheerful, and relieved noises,

Jenny

I now have an ETA of "Organs and Organists: Their Inside Stories" as June 12th! Very exciting. If you need to track it down before I can let you know where it is sold in shops, the ISBN is ISBN 9783928412216.

SO after June 12th I shall be in hiding...