Mander Organ Builders Forum

Hendrick Andriessen Works

Nick Bennett

Guest Roffensis
There are lots organ works by Andriessen in the catalogues, but only the Thema met Variaties ever seems to get played.

What else is worth playing - and not too hard?

The choral is also good, and worth taking the time over.

Guest Roffensis
Which one did you have in mind?  The back cover of the Thema met Variaties lists Premiere, Duexieme and Quatrieme chorals!

Premiere, oh and that Toccata IS a swine!!!!!!!

Could anyone inform me where I can obtain a copy of Andriessen's Toccata, please?

I have tried a Google search, sheetmusicplus.com/and several other sites - all to no avail.

Any help would be gratefully appreciated.

Thank you!

Could anyone inform me where I can obtain a copy of Andriessen's Toccata, please?

I have tried a Google search, sheetmusicplus.com/and several other sites - all to no avail.

Any help would be gratefully appreciated.

Thank you!

You could try Allegro (www.allegro.co.uk or sales@allegro.co.uk). It's not in their catalogue, but they will get it for you if it's still in print. I've always found them to be very reliable.

There is a recording of the Andriessen Toccata and his Aria (and other interesting pieces by Franck, Guilmant, Alain, Dupre, Saint Saens and Prokofiev/Guillou) 0n Festivo 6921652 - Klass Jan Mulder playing the CC at St. Sernin Toulouse - some amazing sounds!

AJJ