Mander Organ Builders Forum

Aliases

nfortin

Not strictly an organ topic, but am I the only person who wishes correspondents on this discussion board could be more readily identified from their user name?

Its very interesting to know who you're agreeing or disagreeing with, and I do feel that we should all be prepared to put a name to our comments and not hide behind anonymity.

While it is interesting sometimes to try and make a guess at who is commenting from their alias or the religious, philosophical, 'organalogical' or any other angle that they happen to be firing from at the time, on the whole I tend to agree with the above. But...I suppose... each to his/her own. (Are there any female contributors I wonder? - in this day and age it would be good if there were!)

AJJ

Guest Roffensis
While it is interesting sometimes to try and make a guess at who is commenting from their alias or the religious, philosophical, 'organalogical' or any other angle that they happen to be firing from at the time, on the whole I tend to agree with the above. But...I suppose... each to his/her own. (Are there any female contributors I wonder? - in this day and age it would be good if there were!)

AJJ

Now where was I?

Oh yes! yours truly,

George Spindlefleurte :P:P

Yep some do use other names other than their own. I'm as guilty as the next,as I used Roffensis, ie Rochester, as it is where I am originally from. But I am Richard Astridge, in Liverpool, and hey I am glad for folks to know me :blink: , to agree or disagree with me on some of my admittedly pretty strong opinions I guess!.....sorry! I blame the Oasthouses myself.

Now where was I?

Oh yes! yours truly,

George Spindlefleurte :D  :lol:

Read your letter in Choir and Organ!

But surely, half the fun is trying to work out who everyone is! :P

Guest Roffensis
Read your letter in Choir and Organ!

But surely, half the fun is trying to work out who everyone is! :lol:

OH yes the letter!!!! I never saw that, but was told about it by a friend. :blink:

• 7 months later...
Not strictly an organ topic, but am I the only person who wishes correspondents on this discussion board could be more readily identified from their user name?

Its very interesting to know who you're agreeing or disagreeing with, and I do feel that we should all be prepared to put a name to our comments and not hide behind anonymity.

I fully agree - how about leading the way?

Frank Fowler

I fully agree - how about leading the way?

Frank Fowler

I'm not anonymous - just unknown. At the time I joined the board there were few, if any contributers using recognisable names, so my first initial and surname was quite trail blazing in this respect.

Neil Fortin