Mander Organ Builders Forum

Dont Shout Please

nfortin

Just a personal request please, but some correspondents are falling into the habit of replying IN ALL CAPITAL LETTERS.

Can I point out that such replies are extremely hard on the eye and I would suggest are therefore bad mannered.

We may not all agree, but I for one would appreciate it if the use of all upper-case text could be discontinued. I rarely read such replies as its too much like hard work!

Just a personal request please, but some correspondents are falling into the habit of replying IN ALL CAPITAL LETTERS.

Can I point out that such replies are extremely hard on the eye and I would suggest are therefore bad mannered.

We may not all agree, but I for one would appreciate it if the use of all upper-case text could be discontinued. I rarely read such replies as its too much like hard work!

As a major culprit I apologise for the bad manners.The problem is the need to distinguish annotations from the text being replied to. I have now discovered how to use colour and /or italics to do this. Any preferences ?

BAC

Preferably not yellow, orange or grey.... there is a lack of contrast against the white!

Perhaps we could petition Mr. Mander to see if the creators of the board are able to load a communion wine-colouerd font....

That might offend the non-conformists!

I think italics can also be a bit hard on the eye except for the odd word. Some people have used blue which seems quite readable to me.

Guest Roffensis
That might offend the non-conformists!

I think italics can also be a bit hard on the eye except for the odd word. Some people have used blue which seems quite readable to me.

I noticed that as well, and it comes over as a bit LOUD!!! I do use odd capitals for emphasis, but in computer jargon isn't it considered a bit forceful? :P

Guest Leathered-Lips
I noticed that as well, and it comes over as a bit LOUD!!! I do use odd capitals for emphasis, but in computer jargon isn't it considered a bit forceful?  :P

How VERY dare you!

Guest Leathered-Lips
Rehaps we could outlaw red, for the same reason.

How about simply choosing a different typeface?

Hmmm - Geneva and Optima look suspiciously like Arial sans-serif to me.

I do so love your red lipstick :P

Guest Leathered-Lips
Excuse me? :P

Can anyone explain the different coloured handbags at the side of the messages. I can't find the list of what they mean. I think the pink ones are very fetching, but I don't like the blue ones quite so much.

Can anyone explain the different coloured handbags at the side of the messages. I can't find the list of what they mean. I think the pink ones are very fetching, but I don't like the blue ones quite so much.

Go to General Discussion and scroll down. There is a legend in the lower left-hand corner.

Guest Leathered-Lips
Go to General Discussion and scroll down. There is a legend in the lower left-hand corner.

O thanks, I didn't go down quite far enough, whoops. :o

Thank you for your kindness.