Mander Organ Builders Forum

Fugue Chorale And Epilogue

APB

I am looking for a recording (preferably on cassette or CD) of the Fugue, Chorale & Epilogue by Herbert Howells, as recorded by Roger Fisher at Chester Cathedral. The recording was made some years ago now, before the recent rebuild. Can anyone help with this?

I am looking for a recording (preferably on cassette or CD) of the Fugue, Chorale & Epilogue by Herbert Howells, as recorded by Roger Fisher at Chester Cathedral. The recording was made some years ago now, before the recent rebuild. Can anyone help with this?

I will ask my good "buddy" D. Rogers he will have it, have you any idea when it was recorded and what label ?? E-mail me with the details

cheers

Peter

I will ask my good "buddy" D. Rogers  he will have it, have you any idea when it was recorded and what label ?? E-mail me with the details

cheers

Peter

Hi,

Label was Qualiton (a division of Decca) Number is SQUAD 106, released in 1971. I do not know if there was ever a cassette release. My copy is an LP.

Good luck with the search.

Brian Childs

Hi,

Label was Qualiton (a division of Decca) Number is SQUAD 106, released in 1971. I do not know if there was ever a cassette release. My copy is an LP.

Good luck with the search.

Brian Childs

I have had a word with mr Rogers, he said the only available recording is the lp version that you already have, and there are no plans that he knows of a company re- releasing it . The options available are: to record it from a record deck to your pc, and then make a cdr, or, he can do it for you and put it through the cedar proccess and edit all etc, but this will cost about £15 - 20 :D

hope this helps you

Peter