Mander Organ Builders Forum

Preserved Organs Of Bernard Smith

James Goldrick

Adlington Hall springs to mind at first, but whereabouts in England are Father Smith organs to be found intact?

Thanks

James Goldrick

According to Stephen Bicknell there are none - what little pipework remains has been revoiced and incorporated into larger instruments.

It's also doubtful whether Adlington Hall is by Father Smith himself: Bicknell believes it is more likely to have been build by someone who was influenced by him.

According to Stephen Bicknell there are none - what little pipework remains has been revoiced and incorporated into larger instruments.

It's also doubtful whether Adlington Hall is by Father Smith himself: Bicknell believes it is more likely to have been build by someone who was influenced by him.

Hi

There was an article the Sept/Oct Choir & Organ magazine about this very issue - the gist of it has been included on NPOR (see N04410).

A builder search on NPOR will reveal which organs we have recorded that Smith built or worked on - but it was so long ago,I doubt if there's anything much in original condition.

Every Blessing

Tony

Hi

There was an article the Sept/Oct Choir & Organ magazine about this very issue - the gist of it has been included on NPOR (see N04410).

A builder search on NPOR will reveal which organs we have recorded that Smith built or worked on - but it was so long ago,I doubt if there's anything much in original condition.

Every Blessing

Tony

======================

I may be mistaken, and I haven#t checked the details, but isn't the organ of the chapel of Staunton Harold, Leicestershire, by Schmidt?

I believe there is also an organ or two by Schmidt in Holland.....Edam rattles the furniture upstairs, or perhaps I am getting senile.

MM