Mander Organ Builders Forum

St. Mary's, Southampton, Willis Iii

ajt

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can confirm that St George, Preston is indescribably glorious, and VERY French. For my money, it's a more exciting instrument than Preston Parish Church (NPOR N12477), despite the latter's historical significance.

On the subjcet of unaltered organs by FHW, I suggest, if you can bear it, that you you look at NPOR N10819.

Cheers,

Paul.

I can confirm that St George, Preston is indescribably glorious, and VERY French.  For my money, it's a more exciting instrument than Preston Parish Church (NPOR N12477), despite the latter's historical significance.

On the subjcet of unaltered organs by FHW, I suggest, if you can bear it, that you you look at NPOR N10819.

Cheers,

Paul.

Thank you!

They both look to be good instruments. However, I do like the sound of the 'French' description for St. George's.

I have tried N10819 - it looks to be quite reasonable.

Thank you!

They both look to be good instruments. However, I do like the sound of the 'French' description for St. George's.

I have tried N10819 - it looks to be quite reasonable.

I keep meaning to try out N17099, which has been moved to St. Winfrid's, Testwood, on the edge of Southampton - it's supposed to be rather nice.