Mander Organ Builders Forum

Vierne Finale Symphony No.1

Guest Lee Blick

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Lee Blick
Hmmm.. I'm convinced this is a complete spoof. I wonder how Lee Blick came across it?

I promise you it is not a hoax. Just google him and you will find he appears in several different places.

Being serious for a nanosecond, I am sure it is just an example of the extremes of American art. It is no co-incidence that it is the same nation who also produced Florence Foster Jenkins. The result of some people having more money than sense. :(

The result of some people having more money than sense.  :(

I once watched a rather low-brow TV show profiling "salt of the earth" types who had won the National Lottery.

An especially plummy-voiced gentleman offered the immortal sentiment (as he viewed some rather vulgar Essex chateau complete with fake Corinthian columns) that "money can't buy taste"...

:P

2 things bother me about this recording...

1. I couldn't play any better.

2. I have the sense not to play like that in public

No 1 is personally worrying in that my organ skills are so poor. No 2 bothers me because I would expect that someone who is trying to make a name for themselves (or has made a name in the US?) as an organist would show the same restraint and sense of realism about their own abilities as I do.

Ah - yes - the video link!

Does anyone have a correct url, please? I tried one earlier, but it did not seem to work.

Thank you.

There's:

Widor (At least I think that's what it's supposed to be):

http://www.nobile.com/sound/Toccata_Sym_V_Widor.MP3

I must see if his postal address is online, then I can send him the Colin Hand, Widor's Toccata made Playable :(

And *that* video - http://www.nobile.com/html/video.html

Thank you!

I tried it and it got part-way into the 'improvisation' - and then stopped.

On balance, whilst in a way I am grateful that it stopped, it might be entertaining to hear the entire thing.

Has anyone else had this experience - or does my computer need a good kicking again?

I must see if his postal address is online, then I can send him the Colin Hand, Widor's Toccata made Playable :(

Thinking about this, I think it's remarkably unfair, even snobbish of me to criticise this chap - his style of playing may not be to my taste, but each to their own.

God, I hate it when I get a conscience attack!

I think your first thought was good - send him a 'Hand'....

:(

Oh God, I take it all back. WTF is a Fusician?

From the bio page:

"Arty is a Fusician, fusing the genres of art, architecture, literature, theater, and music in one unique and startling whole. He bursts upon the stage ....."

Guest Lee Blick

pcnd, let the video keep loading and buffering, when it gets to the end it starts again from the beginning and it will play smoothly all the way through.