Mander Organ Builders Forum

Gillian Weir On Tv

I would like to know if any of the forum members have a "good" copy of Gillian Weirs tv programe entitled "The King of Instuments" It was transmitted in 1989/90 on BBC 2 and was made by BBC Wales. The copy I have is very grainy and I would dearly love a newer dvd/ vhs version. Also I require a copy of the "South Bank Show" which charted her life up until a couple of years ago. If anyone can be of assistence I would be very grateful and of course re emburse any costs arising. The reason for asking is I have just recently been looking in my "Organs on TV " box, and I seem to have mislaid one or two including Carlo Curley and Richard Baker (Mullholand organ in Belfast) and Jenifer Bates playing Messian at Westminster Cathedral

Regards

Peter

I would like to know if any of the forum members have a "good" copy of Gillian Weirs tv programe entitled "The King of Instuments" It was transmitted in 1989/90 on BBC 2 and was made by BBC Wales. The copy I have is very grainy and I would dearly love  a newer  dvd/ vhs version. Also I require a copy of the "South Bank Show" which charted her life up until a couple of years ago. If anyone can be of assistence I would be very grateful and of course re emburse any costs arising. The reason for asking is I have just recently been looking in my "Organs on TV " box, and I seem to have mislaid one or two including Carlo Curley and Richard Baker (Mullholand organ in Belfast)  and Jenifer Bates playing Messian at Westminster Cathedral

Regards

Peter

Hi Peter

I may have it somewhere on VHS - but bear in mind that a copy of a VHS will be pretty poor (and I don't think the audio track will be Nicam either - it depends how long ago I recorded it!).

E-mail me off line if you want me to have a look and see what I've got - I won't have time before the weekend I don't think).

Every Blessing

Tony