Mander Organ Builders Forum

Have A Laugh!

Here are a couple of funny sound clips i have got hold of, hope you find them as amusing as I do!!

Clip of an attempt of Zadok:

Zadok the priest

Clip of a brand new ornament which I never heard before:

Mit Mir

A very strange Plagal Cadence:

Amen

Presentor on Radio 3 before and after Choral Evensong (Peterborough 29-03-06)

BBC Radio 3 Choral Evensong

If anyone got anymore then please share! Email them to me, I find these sorts of things hilarious!

RM

Guest Lee Blick

Nice of you to share your accompanimental skills with us, Richard :P

Bit sad about the Zadok. I am wondering whether he turned two pages over by mistake at the beginning of the final movement or it fell off the music rest or something. I thought the choir was very gallant picking up the pieces. To be able sing one page whilst the organist plays another is quite a skill.

Mit Mir: Have you never heard of the authentic ornamental style of the Swiss mountain region?

Strange plagal cadence: its Humphrey Clucas, or Cage, uncaged.

:(

Nice of you to share your accompanimental skills with us, Richard  :P

Bit sad about the Zadok.  I am wondering whether he turned two pages over by mistake at the beginning of the final movement or it fell off the music rest or something.  I thought the choir was very gallant picking up the pieces.  To be able sing one page whilst the organist plays another is quite a skill.

Mit Mir:  Have you never heard of the authentic ornamental style of the Swiss mountain region?

Strange plagal cadence: its Humphrey Clucas, or Cage, uncaged.

:P

I too thought the choir did well to keep going, I would love to know where it was from! The bit at 2:50 is amazing!! Has anyone got anymore things like this????

Rich

Here are a couple of funny sound clips i have got hold of, hope you find them as amusing as I do!!

Clip of an attempt of Zadok:

Zadok the priest

Clip of a brand new ornament which I never heard before:

Mit Mir

A very strange Plagal Cadence:

Amen

Presentor on Radio 3 before and after Choral Evensong (Peterborough 29-03-06)

BBC Radio 3 Choral Evensong

If anyone got anymore then please share! Email them to me, I find these sorts of things hilarious!

RM

Richard - I have quite a few, including a splendid Hallelujah Chorus, but can't post the url links here. I'm happy to forward them to you if you contact me off the board.

Guest Lee Blick

Gawd. What on earth happened there? There was like a stray note in the puase. Could that have been the music copy falling down and the organist picking it back up with one hand whilst have planting a chord in the other? What do you think?

More, more of these! They're funny! :P

Gawd.  What on earth happened there? There was like a stray note in the puase.  Could that have been the music copy falling down and the organist picking it back up with one hand whilst have planting a chord in the other? What do you think?

More, more of these!  They're funny!  :P

Sounds like a transposer switch going off to me - he's playing in Dd while they sing in D.

Gawd.  What on earth happened there? There was like a stray note in the puase.  Could that have been the music copy falling down and the organist picking it back up with one hand whilst have planting a chord in the other? What do you think?

More, more of these!  They're funny!  :P

Sure this is not a joke? I mean it almost sounds deliberate it's so bad. As soon as s/he sounds that first stupendously wrong chord, you would have thought that they'd immediately correct it. I mean it's an easy harmonic progression using diatonic chords (as written). Still, very funny nonetheless.

Please, more of these! There must be countless wedding videos around with interesting "interpretations" of Widor V etc.

Sounds like a transposer switch going off to me - he's playing in Dd while they sing in D.

===================

I think I posted this some time ago, but it is worthy of numerous repeats!

I thought "transposer switch" originally, and I think the organist was desparately wondering what was going on.

However, I know of a similar incident, but this time a quite intentional one.

A certain organist was drafted in to play harpsichord for a big "Messiah" bash at a northern town-hall....you know the sort of thing....choir of 500, Wangner Orchestra and a whole brass-band.

Singing my little heart out, I became slightly aware of the harpsichordist playing in a different key; he being situated quite close. I tackled him after rehearsal, and he said, "Well, with all that racket going on, I wondered if the conductor would notice when I played a semitone higher!"

He didn't of course!

:P

MM