Mander Organ Builders Forum

The Bwiittons ...

heva

Discussion on organpipes in the House of Lords is over. So let's hurry to a possibly more difficult one:

Barker review

http://www.publications.parliament.uk/pa/l...#60509-01_star0

not quite ...

=======================

I had to chuckle when I read the following:-

There is a world of difference between saying that a directive does not apply and saying that it should not apply. Can the Minister clarify the Government's view, as the organ industry is waiting to hear a response?

Lord Sainsbury of Turville: My Lords, we both think that it does not apply and should not apply.

======

I suppose it's the case the House of Lords is that, by whom, of whom, through whom and in whom, we must place our trust.

God help us.....they're doing a "Barker Review" as well, but whether or not this is coupled to lead organ-pipes, I cannot say.

Another fit of the giggles was caused by a belated reply to myself from a Lib/Dem MEP, which stated:-

------------------------

"Your e-mail dated 13th May has been forwarded to me.

It is unclear to me exactly what help it is that you may be in need of. Could you possibly clarify it for me, please ? You mention an organ being built in a German cathedral. Are you the builder perhaps ?

All good wishes

Bill Newton Dunn MEP"

--------------------------

Where DO they find these people?

:P

MM

=======================

I had to chuckle when I read the following:-

There is a world of difference between saying that a directive does not apply and saying that it should not apply. Can the Minister clarify the Government's view, as the organ industry is waiting to hear a response?

Lord Sainsbury of Turville: My Lords, we both think that it does not apply and should not apply.

======

I suppose it's the case the House of Lords is that, by whom, of whom, through whom and in whom, we must place our trust.

God help us.....they're doing a "Barker Review" as well, but whether or not this is coupled to lead organ-pipes, I cannot say.

Another fit of the giggles was caused by a belated reply to myself from a Lib/Dem MEP, which stated:-

------------------------

"Your e-mail dated 13th May has been forwarded to me.

It is unclear to me exactly what help it is that you may be in need of. Could you possibly clarify it for me, please ? You mention an organ being built in a German cathedral. Are you the builder perhaps ?

All good wishes

Bill Newton Dunn MEP"

--------------------------

Where DO they find these people?

:P

MM

Not an organ issue, but don't you find these days that no-one seems able to read what you write to them? Certainly I have found this with a well-known DIY store I have been having problems with.

John

Guest paul@trinitymusic.karoo.co.uk
Not an organ issue, but don't you find these days that no-one seems able to read what you write to them?  Certainly I have found this with a well-known DIY store I have been having problems with.

John

You aren't thinking of B&Q by any chance? Only that I'm seriously fed up with them and have already given them fair chance to avoid my publicising the fact! Shame the beepers!

You aren't thinking of B&Q by any chance?  Only that I'm seriously fed up with them and have already given them fair chance to avoid my publicising the fact!  Shame the beepers!

You got it! I found the only way to get them to respond was to write to Qualitas and my local Trading Standards Dept.

My apologies, everyone, for abusing this organ forum. I shall say no more!

John