Mander Organ Builders Forum

Record Shops In Liverpool ?

I am going to the next bank holiday concert at Liverpool Cathedral after dropping the mrs off at the Isle of Man ferry (going for a weeks hols :P ). Does anyone know off any record shops where I could purchase a couple or four new organ cd's???

Peter

There used to be a couple of very good shops - Circle Records and Rushworths Music Shop - both now sadly gone (like many other cities in England which used to have decent shops). I imagine there is the usual Virgin / HMV type of shop, but you might have more luck if the Cathedral has its own shop - it would be likely to have a reasonable range of organ music.

Guest Barry Oakley
I am going to the next bank holiday concert at Liverpool Cathedral after dropping the mrs off at the Isle of Man ferry (going for a weeks hols  :lol:  ). Does anyone know off any record shops where I could purchase a couple or four new organ cd's???

Peter

Peter, why don't you try purchasing your CD's via the internet. I find that most record shops, e.g. Virgin, don't tend to stock much by way of organ CD's. You could try Amazon.

Barry

I find http://crotchet.co.uk pretty good as on the home page it has links to pre-release and newly released organ CDs. Also on eBay on the "Classical" CDs page organ CDs has a sub-category all to itself at http://music.listings.ebay.co.uk/Classical...ListingItemList

Even living in London, which has more choice than Liverpool, there is no shop that even begins to do justice to the wide variety of organ CDs available.

• 1 month later...
Guest Roffensis

There isn't a decent CD shop here in Liverpool now. A leading high street store here has but a handful, and even then nothing much to write home about. There is a good sheet music shop here now though, on North John Street, good for organ music and for ordering.

I learnt a long time ago to get CDs off the internet, browsing is not a reality these days. it's all virtual!!

Liverpool cathedral does have a small selection of organ CDs, but certainly the London shops are still the best. Even Manchester is incredibly poor. :lol:

Richard.