Mander Organ Builders Forum

Trinity College Mandeville Place Organ

Guest delvin146

Guest delvin146

Curiousity here:

Does anyone happen to know the fate of the 1984 3 decker Walker which was in the Barbarolli lecture hall? I can't see it ever made its way to Greenwich? Has it disappeared without trace?

There was suggesion that someone accidentally opened the bottom of the hatch of the boat as it was shipped down the thames, but so far that's been uncomfirmed. That of course, would have been a crying shame and one terrible loss.

Anyone?

Guest paul@trinitymusic.karoo.co.uk
Curiousity here:

Does anyone happen to know the fate of the 1984 3 decker Walker which was in the Barbarolli lecture hall? I can't see it ever made its way to Greenwich? Has it disappeared without trace?

There was suggesion that someone accidentally opened the bottom of the hatch of the boat as it was shipped down the thames, but so far that's been uncomfirmed. That of course, would have been a crying shame and one terrible loss.

Anyone?

Like you, I'd love to know what happened to it. I only played it once but very much enjoyed the experience. It was (I remember) extremely well-judged for the space in terms of scaling and output.

Like you, I'd love to know what happened to it.  I only played it once but very much enjoyed the experience.  It was (I remember) extremely well-judged for the space in terms of scaling and output.

Hi

According to NPOR it was supposed to go to Greenwich - probably room G46 - the source of the info is a well respected organ builder, but that was in 2001. Maybe someone changed their mind? Please let NPOR know if you discover the fate of the organ.

Every Blessing

Tony