Mander Organ Builders Forum

Queries

Guest Andrew Butler

Guest Andrew Butler

At the bottom of each forum page I have an underlined word "queries" which when I click on it has a load of gobbledegook including my name! Any info please?

thanks!

At the bottom of each forum page I have an underlined word "queries" which when I click on it has a load of gobbledegook including my name!  Any info please?

The posts in the forum are stored in a database (called MySQL in this case). What you see is the SQL database queries generated as the result of your last few button clicks. I don't know why they are exposed publicly in that way, but it's a useful debugging aid for developers.

SQL (Structured Query Language) is a somewhat standardised language for querying databases. The SELECT command followed by a list of fields tells to database to select some of its contents, FROM tells it which part of the database (which "table"s) to look in, and WHERE followed by various parameters tells it how to filter the data down to just that required.

Paul

Guest Andrew Butler
The posts in the forum are stored in a database (called MySQL in this case).  What you see is the SQL database queries generated as the result of your last few button clicks.  I don't know why they are exposed publicly in that way, but it's a useful debugging aid for developers.

SQL (Structured Query Language) is a somewhat standardised language for querying databases.  The SELECT command followed by a list of fields tells to database to select some of its contents, FROM tells it which part of the database (which "table"s) to look in, and WHERE followed by various parameters tells it how to filter the data down to just that required.

Paul

Ah, I thought that's what it was.........just checking! :blink:

Seriously though, thanks!