Mander Organ Builders Forum

Prisoner Cell Block H Dvds

Guest delvin146

Guest Roffensis
no, i don't think so, are they the ones with verra bennett or joan fergusson?

Was Jane Ferguson an Organist? didn't she study with Dupre? she would have been chapel organist i expect.

R

Guest Lee Blick

Wow, used to love PCBH :lol: and ole Vinegar Tits.

Why doesn't that make the rounds on cable TV? Would make a change from Airport or Cruiseliner or the other shows that seem to end up on about 20 channels. I used to love Lizzy.

Wow, used to love PCBH  :lol: and ole Vinegar Tits.

Why doesn't that make the rounds on cable TV?  Would make a change from Airport or Cruiseliner or the other shows that seem to end up on about 20 channels.  I used to love Lizzy.

Rack off, you filthy lags.

I think it turns up on Channel 5 from time to time (remember channel 5?). A full DVD box set is available (try eBay) but I think you need a multi-region DVD player.

Guest delvin146
Wow, used to love PCBH  :lol: and ole Vinegar Tits.

Why doesn't that make the rounds on cable TV?  Would make a change from Airport or Cruiseliner or the other shows that seem to end up on about 20 channels.  I used to love Lizzy.

I had a bit of a soft spot for Mrs Davidson, in fact I think we have a lot in common.

I used to like it when Bee Smith put other girls' arms in the steam press and when Lizzy made that exploding still for her "grog" :D

Guest delvin146
For Ozzie soap organ stuff you have to go back to Mrs Mangan (?) playing the organ for her son's wedding in Neighbours c. 1989.

Michael

(and *I* was reprimanded in another thread for going off topic!)

Don't you mean Mrs Mangle? :lol:

Don't you mean Mrs Mangle?  :lol:

==================

Wasn't it in the late, and much lamented "Eldorado", where that silly old bat would always be listening to organ-music?

The acting was dire, but the music was splendid.....usually J S Bach.

The comic act, Joe Brand, is something of an organ-music enthusiast, and her road-show opens with organ-music.

I say, "Bring back Ena Sharples and her harmonium!"

I miss the chisel-faced cow pumping at the pedals and playing "Rock of ages"

Of course, I love the continuity gaffs in Emmerdale. Whenever they have a wedding, I gasp in amazement, since I have never noticed just how enormous the acoustic at Esholt Parish Church is when I have played for morning services there.

It takes a very special kind of organist indeed to make an old turn of the century 2-manual Conacher sound like the Harrison at Westminster Abbey!

Things ain't what they used to be......

Happy memories of playing Christmas Shows at Granada Studios, and giving the tuned sleigh-bells a whirl in the Leroy Anderson "Sleigh Ride".

That's entertainment!

MM

Guest Lee Blick
Sing the theme toon, download the theme toon,

look what I found  :D

http://media.putfile.com/forsara

Oo! Oo! Oo! You are amazing! This should be a gay anthe...ahem, I mean, a melody to remember the 70's by. :lol:

Happy memories of playing Christmas Shows at Granada Studios, and giving the tuned sleigh-bells a whirl in the Leroy Anderson "Sleigh Ride".

That's entertainment!

Were you the organist on 'It's the quiz of the Week from Norwich, Sale of the Century'? :P

Guest delvin146
Oo! Oo! Oo!  You are amazing! This should be a gay anthe...ahem, I mean, a melody to remember the 70's by.  :lol:

I find the string part especially very beautiful as it soars above the main melody

Guest Lee Blick
I find the string part especially very beautiful as it soars above the main melody

Don't you think it is this sort of tune is ripe for some enterprising Reverend to write some Christians words to fit this... :lol:

Guest delvin146
Don't you think it is this sort of tune is ripe for some enterprising Reverend to write some Christians words to fit this... :lol:

I was thinking of arranging it for organ, I think a clarinet solo would do nicely for the string parts.

How about something like:

Jesus is so special, he means all the world to me

I'm glad he makes me happy, before I have my tea.

Last night I prayed a hymn to Mary,

Right from the bottom of my heart

I like to pray to Mary

And eat a custard tart

On the inside my heart still burns

With the warmth of Christ's bright light

I love to sing to cheese-arse

Snug in my bed at night?

It takes a very special kind of organist indeed to make an old turn of the century 2-manual Conacher sound like the Harrison at Westminster Abbey!
A pipe organ? That's a step ahead of the rest of the competition. Everyone else would dub in an electronic.

Oo! Oo! Oo!  You are amazing! This should be a gay anthe...ahem, I mean, a melody to remember the 70's by.  :lol:

Were you the organist on 'It's the quiz of the Week from Norwich, Sale of the Century'?  :P

=================

I taught Paul O'Grady all he knows about organ-playing.

:D

MM