Mander Organ Builders Forum

Competitions- Calagary And Dallas

parsfan

It occurred to me that both these comps should be taking place this year.  Does anyone know if either or both are still on the go, or have they gone the way of the Dodo?

Don't know about Dallas, but Calgary is no more.

Anyone know of Dublin still exists? That was always my favourite to be knocked out of in the first round.

B

Don't know about Dallas, but Calgary is no more.

Anyone know of Dublin still exists? That was always my favourite to be knocked out of in the first round.

B

====================

Well, the affluent world seems to have turned its back on the organ-festival, save for the Haarlem and St.Alban's institutions.

I am hoping beyond hope, that I may be able to travel with Marek to the Czech Republic in the second week of September, if time permits.

This is the time when the second week of the Olomouc Organ Festival is in full swing, and my hope is that I may get to hear the organ of St.Moritz.

If I get there, manage to hear the organ and survive the ordeal, I will report back.

I was going to go to Holland, but the terrorism thing put me off, because the prospect of airport security queues and huge delays did not exactly appeal.

Anyway, it will do me good to be in a country where I understand barely a single word of the language, and where I will be totally dependent on someone else who does.

If I do manage to arrange the time off, I will be very much looking forward to seeing Prague at the very least.

MM