Mander Organ Builders Forum

Soprano And Organ - Repertoire?

sjf1967

After Peter's enquiry about cello and organ got some useful leads I thought I might try one of my own. I am trying to compile a fairly exhaustive library of music for soprano and organ - not arias from Bach and Handel and the like, with the accpt transcribed and played on the organ, but stuff that is originally scored for the combination in question. So far the search reveals (in no particular order of obscurity) - Gorecki, Gavin Bryars, Radulescu, L Boulanger, Heiller, Gabriel Jackson, Norholm, Sebastian Forbes, Simon Holt, Lutyens, Leighton, Philip Moore, Nystedt, Planyavsky, Doppelbauer, Reger, Langlais Missa Brevis, Peeters. Some very obscure Danish bits and pieces too (Per Norgard, I think). I've also got some rarities by Dutch composers like Andries de Braal, and some bits of Barrie Cabena (a lot of the unpublished stuff has been very kindly put my way by Robert and Sally Munns, who rather blazed a trail in this regard). I know about the Karg Elert pieces with violin, and the odd shaving of Saint Saens and Dupre, but are there any gems any of you might know of that I'm missing? I know of a Lutoslawski piece (Lacrimosa) but it's impossible to find. MM - any ideas from Eastern Europe? Any leads gratefuly received. S

Stretching a point perhaps, but the "O Salutaris Hostia" from Saint-Seans mass for 4 voices is a beautiful movement written for chorus sopranos & altos with organ accompaniment.

This little known mass is a gem. I have the Worcester/Hunt recording on LP but no longer own a record deck so can't listen to it!

Stretching a point perhaps, but the "O Salutaris Hostia" from Saint-Seans mass for 4 voices is a beautiful movement written for chorus sopranos & altos with organ accompaniment.

This little known mass is a gem. I have the Worcester/Hunt recording on LP but no longer own a record deck so can't listen to it!

It used to be available here:

http://plenum.free.fr/worcester

but no longer is.

Since Pierre Lauwers "reported" the link, maybe he can help?

After Peter's enquiry about cello and organ got some useful leads I thought I might try one of my own. I am trying to compile a fairly exhaustive library of music for soprano and organ - not arias from Bach and Handel and the like, with the accpt transcribed and played on the organ, but stuff that is originally scored for the combination in question. So far the search reveals (in no particular order of obscurity) - Gorecki, Gavin Bryars, Radulescu, L Boulanger, Heiller, Gabriel Jackson, Norholm, Sebastian Forbes, Simon Holt, Lutyens, Leighton, Philip Moore, Nystedt, Planyavsky, Doppelbauer, Reger, Langlais Missa Brevis, Peeters. Some very obscure Danish bits and pieces too (Per Norgard, I think). I've also got some rarities by Dutch composers like Andries de Braal, and some bits of Barrie Cabena (a lot of the unpublished stuff has been very kindly put my way by Robert and Sally Munns, who rather blazed a trail in this regard). I know about the Karg Elert pieces with violin, and the odd shaving of Saint Saens and Dupre, but are there any gems any of you might know of that I'm missing? I know of a Lutoslawski piece (Lacrimosa) but it's impossible to find. MM - any ideas from Eastern Europe? Any leads gratefuly received. S

Cinq Prieres pour chant et orgue - Milhaud. Never heard them, sadly, but they do exist.