Mander Organ Builders Forum

Off Topic - Can Anyone Identify This Gloria?

innate

I've been given a setting of the Gloria In Excelsis by a member of the congregation with no composer's name, title, or publisher. I wondered if someone here could help identify it.

It's a responsorial setting with the response being "Gloria, gloria in excelsis Deo" twice with a melody in 4/4:

E. d C- | G. f E- | A G E F |E- D- ||E. d C- | G. f E- | A A G C' |B- C'-

[X = crotchet, x = quaver, X. = dotted crotchet, X- = minim]

The solo verses are the text from Common Worship, I think, written in 2/4 in a cross between speech rhythm and metrical.

Many thanks for any help.

Michael

I've been given a setting of the Gloria In Excelsis by a member of the congregation with no composer's name, title, or publisher. I wondered if someone here could help identify it.

It's a responsorial setting with the response being "Gloria, gloria in excelsis Deo" twice with a melody in 4/4:

The solo verses are the text from Common Worship, I think, written in 2/4 in a cross between speech rhythm and metrical.

Michael

If memory serves, it's the 'Lourdes' Gloria by Jean-Paul Lecot. I'm pretty sure the music is in Hymns Old and New.

Michael

=================

We do it....I re-harmonised it in D maj with a nicer accompaniment.

MM