Mander Organ Builders Forum

Write The Theme Choon, Sing The Theme Choon

Guest Lee Blick

Guest Lee Blick

A tune came into my head the other which reminded me of an organ voluntary that always used to get played around Christmas time. As small choirboys there was a grotesque dance we used to do in the vestry every it time it got played. I have no idea no idea what it is called or who the composer is. I have looked in all my Christmas music albums and I can't find it.

Below is the audio file of the melody would anyone like to identify it please because it is doing my brains in as it keeps coming back. It is a small 100k mp3 file. (ignore the fart button on the page)

Xmas file

A tune came into my head the other which reminded me of an organ voluntary that always used to get played around Christmas time.  As small choirboys there was a grotesque dance we used to do in the vestry every it time it got played.  I have no idea no idea what it is called or who the composer is.  I have looked in all my Christmas music albums and I can't find it.

Below is the audio file of the melody would anyone like to identify it please because it is doing my brains in as it keeps coming back.  It is a small 100k mp3 file. (ignore the fart button on the page)

Xmas file

It's the Noël Suisse by Louis-Claude Daquin - I think you can find it in The Oxford Book Of Christmas Organ Music (ed Gower?)

Graham