Mander Organ Builders Forum

Concerts With A Difference

David Coram

As part of a recital series, I'm plotting offering "away breaks" in association with local attractions, hotels etc.

As all the concerts are to be on Friday nights, this is fairly straightforward to do. I have bought a domain name to advertise it etc.

The two questions are:

1) What sort of attractions should I try and link up with (I had thought of three options - National Trust, local kiddies theme park and "organ crawl day")

2) I am guessing that (as this is to be advertised in OR) the majority of people will probably have to travel back for work on Sunday. Thoughts?

3) Is it just a barking daft idea that should be consigned to the dustbin?

Thoughts in the next 72 hours would be gratefully received!!!

D

If you talk about Romsey, I'd have an idea for Recitals between say

June 15-July 15; my friends gardeners at Mottisfont have treasures

to share, while absolutely splendid accomodations are available

in the area -one of the most splendid surrounds in Europe-

(Were the cottages there not soooooo expansive!)

http://www.nationaltrust.org.uk/main/w-vh/...e/w-mottisfont/

Pierre

As part of a recital series, I'm plotting offering "away breaks" in association with local attractions, hotels etc.

As all the concerts are to be on Friday nights, this is fairly straightforward to do.  I have bought a domain name to advertise it etc.

The two questions are:

1) What sort of attractions should I try and link up with (I had thought of three options - National Trust, local kiddies theme park and "organ crawl day")

2) I am guessing that (as this is to be advertised in OR) the majority of people will probably have to travel back for work on Sunday.  Thoughts?

3) Is it just a barking daft idea that should be consigned to the dustbin?

Thoughts in the next 72 hours would be gratefully received!!!

D

Hi

I would need to be back for Sunday - and preferably not too late on Saturday. The other issue, if you're targetting church organists, is Saturday weddings!

Sounds like an interesting idea, but I suspect needs careful planning and research. The other obvious question is could those who have full-time jobs get to your location in reasonable time for a Friday evening event?

Every Blessing

Tony

Evidently lots of pitfalls...

OK, site's up and running here.

Any feedback from you guys would be gratefully received before it "goes public"...

Thanks

David

Very tasteful - even I could be lured across two counties - how about 'Mander List' evenings - some next year especially spring to mind................!

AJJ

Seriously - this could also be the way to drum up more interest generally. Another option also perhaps - combined with a meal before hand at a local pub etc. for those who have come a distance and may need to get back that evening.

AJJ