Mander Organ Builders Forum

Search Help Please

pcnd5584

Since it is fairly jumping in here tonight, can someone point me in the correct direction to find the thread on top twenty fvourite hymns (or whatever it was called), please? I have searched lots of pages, bus I cannot find it.

The post which I am trying to find concerns the Cleobury descant to Once in Royal David's City.

Failing this, does anyone know where I can purchase sheet music copies of this descant (and organ part), please?

Thank you.

Ah1 Thank you Adrian. I had tried various permutations, but failed to consider the most likely....

No problem - I spent ages trying to drive the search engine on here yesterday (but I can't remember what I was searching for!) ; it wasn't until I found the "Most relevant" button that things started to work.

I think the default logic (Newest first) is something like:

Look for any of the keywords, and return any post containing any of the keywords, newest first.

Whereas the "Most relevant" looks for all keywords first...

I think... But this was after sacrificing many goats. Fortunately I didn't have to sacrifice my stash of virgins.

No problem - I spent ages trying to drive the search engine on here yesterday (but I can't remember what I was searching for!) ; it wasn't until I found the "Most relevant" button that things started to work.

I think the default logic (Newest first) is something like:

Look for any of the keywords, and return any post containing any of the keywords, newest first.

Whereas the "Most relevant" looks for all keywords first...

I think... But this was after sacrificing many goats. Fortunately I didn't have to sacrifice my stash of virgins.

Thank God....

(Are they of the wise - or the foolish variety?)

Both - fresco from my last church - Parable of the foolish and wise virgins, Leighton:

page2_1.jpg

Shame about the organ. Did I say organ? I meant toaster.

What nice virgins you have, Adrian.

It reminds me of one of the 'Jerusalem' hymns (the one which has something like twenty-five verses), a stanza of which runs:

"Our Lady sings 'Magnificat'

With tones surpassing sweet,

And all the virgins bear their parts,

Seated about her feet."

I am, of course, particularly interested in the third line....

Why would you want to do that when you could probably write a better one yourself.  :)

The trouble is, I might be tempetd to write extra parts for my chamades all through the verse. This would be just the thing to wake up any somnolent members of the congregation.

Incidentally, Jeremy, you might like my chamades - they are not at all screamy, just bright and brash. They sound at their best in chords, filled out with some flue-work, or as part of the tutti.

:)

The trouble is, I might be tempetd to write extra parts for my chamades all through the verse. This would be just the thing to wake up any somnolent members of the congregation.

Incidentally, Jeremy, you might like my chamades - they are not at all screamy, just bright and brash. They sound at their best in chords, filled out with some flue-work, or as part of the tutti.

:)

Better be careful, pcnd, or else Nanny (UKGov plc) might slap an ASBO on you! :)

How far from the church is the nearerst cemetary, Pcnd?

(I'd rather think even them could be awakened somewhat :lol: )

Pierre

It's only a couple of miles to the crematorium. There have been strange wisp like creatures seen in the vicinity since the mid 1960's, moaning in a low voice about missing bottom octaves. Signs advise drivers (especially trombone players carrying their instruments) to lock their doors while driving alone at night along the stretch known as the Corfe Mullen Triangle.

It's only a couple of miles to the crematorium.  There have been strange wisp like creatures seen in the vicinity since the mid 1960's, moaning in a low voice about missing bottom octaves.  Signs advise drivers (especially trombone players carrying their instruments) to lock their doors while driving alone at night along the stretch known as the Corfe Mullen Triangle.

Thank you so much, David.

Why do you not just post my address on here?!

(Joke.)

B)

How on earth do you know about the Corfe Mullen Triangle, anyway?

:lol:

How far from the church is the nearerst cemetary, Pcnd?

(I'd rather think even them could be awakened somewhat :lol: )

Pierre

Actually, there are a number of table tombs not far from the door to the vestries at the east end of the church.

I rather think that we have had one or two poor souls who have mistaken my chamades for the sound of the Last Trump, already....