Mander Organ Builders Forum

Unusual Organs

Guest Cynic

Guest paul@trinitymusic.karoo.co.uk

Anxious to unseat the Cats and Dogs Topic which has sat at the top of this part of the forum for too long. I thought I might introduce you to an interesting site.

In reply you might like to post URLs of sites you have found! Trawling the net is a totally open-ended business..

Try this, and carry on scrolling down the page to find consoles that a former member of this Forum would love!

http://www.die-orgelseite.de/kurioses_e.htm

http://www.willis-organs.com/news01.html

Look at the 4 manual console on this page. I would love to know who has it in their house. All that ivory!

And what is it connected to???

JJK

Nice, ain't it!

It belongs to Mr. Paul Smith, The Secretary of the Ally Pally Appeal, connected to the installation built specifically for him by Musicom.

The specification is almost exactly that of St. George's Hall, Liverpool.

The 'blacking' took forever to do, but worth the trouble and effort I think. We now have another order for a similar console but can't say for where I'm afraid - at least, not yet.

David Wyld.

Nice, ain't it!

The 'blacking' took forever to do, but worth the trouble and effort I think.

It's absolutely beautiful, and the sort of thing that makes me think it would will me to play better if I were sat at it!

Just as a point of interest - and not asking you to give away any professional secrets - how do you achieve that highly polished 'ebonised' look?

Nice, ain't it!

It belongs to Mr. Paul Smith, The Secretary of the Ally Pally Appeal,  connected to the installation built specifically for him by Musicom.

The 'blacking' took forever to do, but worth the trouble and effort I think. We now have another order for a similar console but can't say for where I'm afraid - at least, not yet.

David Wyld.

Thank you David - it's been intriguing me. And yes, it's very nice!

Guest Lee Blick
Nice, ain't it!

It belongs to Mr. Paul Smith, The Secretary of the Ally Pally Appeal,  connected to the installation built specifically for him by Musicom.

David Wyld.

Worcester?

Anxious to unseat the Cats and Dogs Topic which has sat at the top of this part of the forum for too long. I thought I might introduce you to an interesting site.

In reply you might like to post URLs of sites you have found! Trawling the net is a totally open-ended business..

Try this, and carry on scrolling down the page to find consoles that a former member of this Forum would love!

Some of these consoles look more like the flight deck for a 747. Noticeable how few entries there are for the UK. We're such a conservative lot, aren't we? ;)

========================

If I can find the pretty (or not so pretty) pictures of some of the newer Polish and Czech organs, there is an hilarious case shaped like a goose, complete with wings!

I may have to dig around a little....bear with me.

MM

========================

If I can find the pretty (or not so pretty) pictures of some of the newer Polish and Czech organs, there is an hilarious case shaped like a goose, complete with wings!

I may have to dig around a little....bear with me.

MM

==============================

I found the goose organ!

Here's what to do.

Click on the following link:-

http://staff.elka.pw.edu.pl/~wkaminsk/

Then click on "find a city"

Then click on 'DOMANIEWICE' where a tiny thumb-nail photo will appear. Then click on the thumb-nail and all will be revealed.

When you've stopped laughing, the goose is some sort of Polish national symbol, a bit like our bull-dog.

MM

=======================

I hope you didn't call it 'Churchill'

:lol: (not laughing....honest!)  :lol:  :lol: (Sorry)

MM

Her name was Lady.

She ate two steering wheels, some hand-brakes levers, one chair,

one amplifier split into two parts, not to mention carpets etc.

A true british gentlewoman!

She lived 12 years, an excellent score for that dog.

Pierre