Mander Organ Builders Forum

Worcester Cathedral

Lucasorg

Guest Roffensis
Members of this board may be interested to learn that the new CD of the organ at Worcester is now available via Ebay - follow this link. As this disk will only otherwise be available through the Cathedral Shop, this seems the most obvious way to bring it to a wider audience.

Adrian

Good programme! Is this a properly pressed CD or is it a CDR as so often seems to be the case these days with Organ and Choral recordings. My player is untra sensitive and generally will not read CDRs from at least one company, not to mention the limited lifespan they have. A friend has the same problem.

Sorry for the grouch, but I am sure you will understand.

R

• Replies 772
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good programme! Is this a properly pressed CD or is it a CDR as so often seems to be the case these days with Organ and Choral recordings. My player is untra sensitive and generally will not read CDRs from at least one company, not to mention the limited lifespan they have. A friend has the same problem.

It is properly pressed!.....meanwhile, you could buy a new CD player...! :lol:

Members of this board may be interested to learn that the new CD of the organ at Worcester is now available via Ebay - follow this link. As this disk will only otherwise be available through the Cathedral Shop, this seems the most obvious way to bring it to a wider audience.

Adrian

Thank you , Adrian - this looks to be interesting. I shall probably order a copy tonight. It is good to see a recording of the whole of a Vierne symphony.

Guest Roffensis
It is properly pressed!.....meanwhile, you could buy a new CD player...! :lol:

Good. No I don't need a new CD player. Mine cost a bomb and is top of the range. That's why it wont play cheapskate inferior discs, which I am happy to learn yours is not! :P

R

• 2 weeks later...

Good morning all!

I'm just picking up on the suggestion that we plan a Board day-out here at Worcester sometime after Christmas. Looking in the Cathedral Diary, I am going to suggest Saturday 31st January 2009, though if this date causes problems, we may be able to look again.

My initial plan would be as follows:

10.30 am - Coffee

11.00 am - Introduction and Demonstration

12.15 pm - Tours inside the cases

1.15 pm - Lunch break

2.15 pm - Opportunities to play the organ and visit organ/music artefacts in the Cathedral Library

4.30 pm - Possible open choir rehearsal and tea

5.30 pm - Choral Evensong

To facilitate all this, we would charge a nominal fee of £10 which would include coffee and tea (but not lunch) which would be put towards the Music Appeal.

I you are interested, please let me know by replying to this message and we can then see whether the day is a viable proposition.

Many thanks,

Adrian

Good morning all!

I'm just picking up on the suggestion that we plan a Board day-out here at Worcester sometime after Christmas. Looking in the Cathedral Diary, I am going to suggest Saturday 31st January 2009, though if this date causes problems, we may be able to look again.

This sounds a really good day out - please pencil me in!

R

Actually I think the suggested nominal charge of £10 is far too generous. Considering the amount you'd like to raise for the transept this is a drop in the ocean and you're offering an awful lot for the money. I would suggest that, if it is possible to go ahead with this venture, you suggest a minimum of £10 a head, throw in parking in College Green (first come first served) and it would be worth at least £20.