Mander Organ Builders Forum

Birmingham Town Hall

willy

It seems to have gone a bit quiet on the Birmingham Town Hall front, although bits and pieces I have managed to glean from trawling through the web suggest that the hall will re-open in October, with a series of concerts and events to mark the occasion.

Does anyone know how the organ is at this moment and will it feature prominently in the celebrations?

is it still planned to reduce it to 4 manuals (floating Bombarde?)?

Any thing else been done to the organ, and how does the old girl sound in the re-ordered hall?

kind regards

Will

It seems to have gone a bit quiet on the Birmingham Town Hall front, although bits and pieces I have managed to glean from trawling through the web suggest that the hall will re-open in October, with a series of concerts and events to mark the occasion.

Does anyone know how the organ is at this moment and will it feature prominently in the celebrations?

is it still planned to reduce it to 4 manuals (floating Bombarde?)?

Any thing else been done to the organ, and how does the old girl sound in the re-ordered hall?

Not too sure of detail, but we have some concerts booked in there for the end of this year on the expectation that the organ will be up and fully functioning. Some of our group have been in to see the interior of the hall and said that it's looking splendid...

A

... is it still planned to reduce it to 4 manuals (floating Bombarde?)? ...

Will

Is this a serious proposition? The console is barely twenty-five years old; surely it would be better just to restore it as it was? I thought that it sounded stunning.