Mander Organ Builders Forum

Wir Danken Dir, Gott!

Guest Lee Blick

Guest Nigel ALLCOAT

I am so intrigued by all this. Can somebody explain what this player is doing/trying to do with his right foot on the last chord of this extract? Cymbelstern at 1 o'clock? Also there is a moment when he pulls a stop towards the end whilst still holding down a chord (after looking both ways to find it). What do you think it might be?

Thanks for the originator of this thread for opening my eyes (and ears) to Youtube. I have done little work since. I have revived my education.

All the best,

Nigel

Guest Roffensis
I am so intrigued by all this. Can somebody explain what this player is doing/trying to do with his right foot on the last chord of this extract? Cymbelstern at 1 o'clock? Also there is a moment when he pulls a stop towards the end whilst still holding down a chord (after looking both ways to find it). What do you think it might be?

Thanks for the originator of this thread for opening my eyes (and ears) to Youtube. I have done little work since. I have revived my education.

All the best,

Nigel

And note also he doesn't go up the pedalboard much, only to the middle at most, with right foot stuck pumping the swell! Surely it has to be a joke? The organ sounds atrocious as well.

R

Guest Lee Blick
What does "stylized" mean in the titles to that extract? Does it equate to "massacred" ? :P

Maybe he found the piece too hard to play properly so it means "Make it up as you go along". Arthur P Nobile does it too on his site. I may be being harsh here, but his playing seemed totally uncoordinated at the end.

Someone told me the other day there is also an 'XTube' involving a dfferent type of organ...

Guest Psalm 78 v.67
Someone told me the other day there is also an 'XTube' involving a dfferent type of organ...

My personal preference would be if there were a "BoobTube" :P