Mander Organ Builders Forum

Songs Of Praise Footage

ajt

Guest Cynic
Apologies if this has been posted before...

Shows how suggestion can make indistinct hymn diction look very silly...

I think it's wonderful*.

More please!

*as in really funny, of course.

Guest Lee Blick
Apologies if this has been posted before...

Shows how suggestion can make indistinct hymn diction look very silly...

:lol::lol: Love it! Rude though. :o

Guest Cynic
I don't recognise the noble pile, but would assume from the reference to the tower that it's Scented Mum's Brie Cathedral.

St.Edmundsbury Cathedral, (Suffolk) I think.

Guest Lee Blick

I don't see the problem with this. Most television shows are recorded in advance of transmission. Has Christianity become so banal and pointless to be so worried about when a religious programme is being recorded? Hello??? :lol:

Guest Cynic
It is, yes.

Scented Mum's Brie....?!!

:lol: !!!

yeah, all right, I get it now. A bit dense that one, or am I more stupid than usual today?

[Rhetorical.]

I don't see the problem with this. Most television shows are recording in advance of transmission. Has Christianity become so banal and pointless to be so worried about when a religious programme is being recorded? Hello??? :lol:

The truth of Christianity is, of course, timeless and ineffable. But a Christian service should also be relevant. The longer the gap between recording and broadcast the greater the chance of the programme becoming irrelevant. Imagine an Easter Songs of Praise making no reference to, for example, a recent major tragedy on the scale of 9/11. I suppose the beancounters at the BBC have appropriate actuarial tables and it's probably cheaper in the long run to bin the occasional irrelevant pre-record and record a new one where necessary.

The truth of Christianity is, of course, timeless and ineffable. But a Christian service should also be relevant. The longer the gap between recording and broadcast the greater the chance of the programme becoming irrelevant. Imagine an Easter Songs of Praise making no reference to, for example, a recent major tragedy on the scale of 9/11. I suppose the beancounters at the BBC have appropriate actuarial tables and it's probably cheaper in the long run to bin the occasional irrelevant pre-record and record a new one where necessary.

There are, of course, other ways of dealing with these eventualities :lol: