(192kbps, 5.37mb)

http://www.evensongmusic.net/audio/LQ/RunyonToccata.mp3

(32kbps, 931kb)

Enjoy!

-g

====================

I think Randy is such a good name.

I can imagine asking, "How do you find the clergy at your church, Randy?"

Of course, it would have to be said in the British teen-speak of to-day, which has now gone sort of quasi-Australian, with a rising tone on each last word of every sentence. This turns every statement into a question, and every answer into a rhetorical question.

I think it has something to do with excessive exposure to "Neighbours" on TV at an impressionable age.

MM

====================

I think Randy is such a good name.

I can imagine asking, "How do you find the clergy at your church, Randy?"

Of course, it would have to be said in the British teen-speak of to-day, which has now gone sort of quasi-Australian, with a rising tone on each last word of every sentence. This turns every statement into a question, and every answer into a rhetorical question.

I think it has something to do with excessive exposure to "Neighbours" on TV at an impressionable age.

MM

AGGGHHH! :huh:

There. You see... a perfect example of 2 countries separated by a common language :P

I knew I should have used his full name* instead of the nickname..

<chuckle>

-G

*RANDOLPH

====================

MM

Mind you there is a large maritime city down this way where they talk like that too. I am a Londoner but when I taught there the kids all thought I came from somewhere much further up north.

AJJ

Is that Albert Renaud playing the Dubois.... or the other way around?!

<chuckle>

It is indebted to both of those fine gentlemen, but still I find it a charming little piece.

:huh:

Cheers,

- G