Mander Organ Builders Forum

Happy Easter

MusingMuso

This being the season of rock and roll, bunny says Happy Easter.

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")

MM

Thanks MM! Likewise (and to the rest of the forum!).

Peter

PS any distasters this time round? On Good Friday the tabernacle key went missing causing a slight delay in processedings!

Thanks MM! Likewise (and to the rest of the forum!).

Peter

PS any distasters this time round? On Good Friday the tabernacle key went missing causing a slight delay in processedings!

=================

Well, be sure that your sins will find ye out.

I heard this rather nice little piece from 15th century Poland, and decided to write it down and play it for Easter.

From the manuscript collection of "Jan of Lublin" came forth this delightful little renaissance piece; the composer of which I do not know, and for that matter, the title also.

A small delegation of olive-shaped faces with blond hair approached after Mass, and I knew immediately that they were definitely "foreigners."

"Nice you play Polish music," their spokeman said.

"Thank you. It is a nice piece," I smiled

"Ja, we hear this Christmas home in Poland," the spokesman informed me.

:o

MM

On Thursday during the Bairstow Lamentations, at our church the lights gradually go out.

The **** doing it this year accidentally turned off the choir lights (on one box) before moving onto the second box... this lead to the last section being done in pitch blackness until i could spin the organ light round onto the choir which sort of restored the quality.

Pity. It's the best our boys have ever sung (Well, this group)

Guest Hector5

Managed to get a dep in for evensong today and have retreated to France for the duration. A sojurn at the Cafe Leffe in Lille has brought back a smile to my face and a skip in my step. Am contemplating trogging down to Dijon for the hell of it - with some Riepps, Cavaille Colls, Gevry Chambertin and a few noxious cheeses into the bargain!

I'll send you all a postcard!

Hector

Managed to get a dep in for evensong today and have retreated to France for the duration. A sojurn at the Cafe Leffe in Lille has brought back a smile to my face and a skip in my step. Am contemplating trogging down to Dijon for the hell of it - with some Riepps, Cavaille Colls, Gevry Chambertin and a few noxious cheeses into the bargain!

I'll send you all a postcard!

Hector

========================

Please don't remind me of Dijon, where I once got completely lost whilst transporting a Formula One car from Mangy Coeur to Hockenheim. Those things have the nearest thing to armed guards looking after them, and there were dozens of security vehicles scouring France looking for it!

It almost caused a major international incident, and I knew I was well and truly in the dog-house when I drew into the racing-circuit at Hockenheim to a totally silent reception.

:o

MM

Normally our toddlers are taken to their own `pen' for communion where they can raise cain to their heart's content. On Easter Sunday morning it was decided to bring them into church for the whole service but we had so many grown ups at the service the only space for them was between the back of the organ stool and in the adjacent aisle.

Jesus might love little children but I found it hard work to do so for that service.

FF