Mander Organ Builders Forum

Choir Leads

Just a little note to ask if anyone has some suggestions for getting/finding/attracting paid leads for the choir. My tenor just left after 3 years. He had nothing against us... just was time for him to move on.

All of my leads have been personal contacts. I really don't have anymore in my back pocket.

Anything that worked well for you? Any suggestions? What do paid leads want/need in a gig?

WM

Guest Barry Williams
Just a little note to ask if anyone has some suggestions for getting/finding/attracting paid leads for the choir. My tenor just left after 3 years. He had nothing against us... just was time for him to move on.

All of my leads have been personal contacts. I really don't have anymore in my back pocket.

Anything that worked well for you? Any suggestions? What do paid leads want/need in a gig?

WM

The current rate of pay for professional singers in London is about £55 per service. (i.e. the churches with professional choirs, rather than the cathedrals with salaried lay clerks and choir schools.) It might be possible to attract students from the music conservatoires in London, Manchester , Glascow. etc for less. Some local businesses might offer a scholarship. If having a professional tenor has been successful, why cannot the church pay? Many churches do. More should.

There are other ways of attracting good singers without pay......................

Barry Williams