Mander Organ Builders Forum

Gloucester Appointment

DHM

Guest Psalm 78 v.67

An interesting choice. I have often wondered why he has not been in a Cathedral D O M post before now. I wonder whether his particular interest will be the 3 Choirs........ ?

An interesting choice. I have often wondered why he has not been in a Cathedral D O M post before now. I wonder whether his particular interest will be the 3 Choirs........ ?

I think AP was assistant at Worcester under Donald Hunt, so he has been out the cathedral loop for a while. So, obviously when he chose to re-enter the cathedral scene he was obviously going to be a strong candidate for DOM. His previous 3C experience at Worcester and his work in Wales would, in my view, appeal to the Gloucester Chapter.

There are some quite interesting appointments being made though - starting with Lincoln a few years ago, then Norwich recently and now Gloucester.

AJJ

An interesting and unexpected appointment - not one of the usual suspects.

Strange that there's still no news about the vacancy at St Paul's, though maybe not surprising. In a recent interview, John Scott said what a pleasure it was to be working in New York in an environment free from politics - that could have been a contributing factor in his successor bailing out after such a short time.

An interesting and unexpected appointment - not one of the usual suspects.

I wonder if the appointment made with the three choirs festival in mind? His previous experience would suggest so.