Mander Organ Builders Forum

Benedictus - Alec Rowley

peter ellis

Is this a masterpiece of symphonic writing in miniature or is it in fact overblown drivel. I can't quite decide but I'm playing it after Evensong on Sunday for the good members of the OBE society. Perhaps they'll enlighten me.

Is this a masterpiece of symphonic writing in miniature or is it in fact overblown drivel. I can't quite decide but I'm playing it after Evensong on Sunday for the good members of the OBE society. Perhaps they'll enlighten me.

They loved it......I'm still undecided

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Psalm 78 v.67

I used to play it - and also his "Second Benedictus" - published by Novello I think. Unfortunately, I mislaid both copies many years ago. Are they still available? (I can't immediately recall the Benedictus, but can clearly recall the opening of the "Second".) I loved them both and would like to have them back in my repertoire.

I used to play it - and also his "Second Benedictus" - published by Novello I think. Unfortunately, I mislaid both copies many years ago. Are they still available? (I can't immediately recall the Benedictus, but can clearly recall the opening of the "Second".) I loved them both and would like to have them back in my repertoire.

Whoops - sorry about that. I had to order mine from Novello especially - it's illegal but I'm happy to scan you a copy for educational purposes only until yours arrives. I've become rather fond of it of late.