Mander Organ Builders Forum

Needed - One Pedalboard

nachthorn

I have recently parted with a modest sum of precious cash in order to acquire one Viscount Domus D40 toaster effort, complete with entirely non-standard pedalboard. I bought it knowing the shortcomings of said pedalboard as my finances wouldn't run to better things. To be specific, the current pedalboard is too short - 27 notes - and too shallow from back to front by quite some margin, also the sharp keys are too small. Nightmare, and certainly not the thing to do meaningful practice on.

Does anyone have a rather more 'standard' (knowing full well that there is no such thing, literally speaking) pedalboard going, either gratis or for a modest consideration? I have a means of collection and the ability to transfer the contacts from the old to the new, plus the tools to make the necessary alterations to the console furniture. All I need is the pedalboard! Can you help me?

Nachthorn

I have recently parted with a modest sum of precious cash in order to acquire one Viscount Domus D40 toaster effort, complete with entirely non-standard pedalboard. I bought it knowing the shortcomings of said pedalboard as my finances wouldn't run to better things. To be specific, the current pedalboard is too short - 27 notes - and too shallow from back to front by quite some margin, also the sharp keys are too small. Nightmare, and certainly not the thing to do meaningful practice on.

Does anyone have a rather more 'standard' (knowing full well that there is no such thing, literally speaking) pedalboard going, either gratis or for a modest consideration? I have a means of collection and the ability to transfer the contacts from the old to the new, plus the tools to make the necessary alterations to the console furniture. All I need is the pedalboard! Can you help me?

Nachthorn

Hi

Try your local freindly organ builder - they may well have one (or more) laying about. Certainly one of our local builders had 2 or 3 surplus last year. Just watch out for excessive wear and tear.

Every Blessing

Tony

Will do, Tony. Thanks.

Hi

Try your local freindly organ builder - they may well have one (or more) laying about. Certainly one of our local builders had 2 or 3 surplus last year. Just watch out for excessive wear and tear.

Every Blessing

Tony

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Lee Blick

I doubt you will be able to just plug a 32 note pedalboard into that Viscount Domus, especially if it is one of the older versions. It depends if the software is compatible.

If you are looking for a full pedalboard digital organ, I am putting up mine for sale it is a 1993, 31 drawstop 2 manual Viscount Opera organ. It is in fully working order and great for home practice. Send me a message if you are interested.

I doubt you will be able to just plug a 32 note pedalboard into that Viscount Domus, especially if it is one of the older versions. It depends if the software is compatible.

If you are looking for a full pedalboard digital organ, I am putting up mine for sale it is a 1993, 31 drawstop 2 manual Viscount Opera organ. It is in fully working order and great for home practice. Send me a message if you are interested.

Are you replacing it with anything or just getting shut? Just interested!

.....Yeh, I know, tell me to mind my own business!! :P

Not intending to do major mods to the thing in order to use the extra top notes - it's just that my feet keep getting confused with the rather non-standard board fitted, which I can't imagine would do my (already shaky) pedalling technique any favours... :P

Since this point has been made, I hope I won't be accused of hijacking the thread if I also mention that I would be glad to hear from anyone interested in a 3-manual Viscount Grand Opera (48 speaking stops and 32-note r/c pedal) vintage circa 1990-91.

Douglas.

PS: Webmaster, have you ever considered including a "For sale & wanted" section to the board?

Guest Lee Blick
Are you replacing it with anything or just getting shut? Just interested!

.....Yeh, I know, tell me to mind my own business!! :P

I am looking for something with a wider spec, depending on how much I can get for mine.

Twenty seven note compass and short sharps? Sounds like a Dutch organ to me. Just raise the stool foud inches and push it forward until your knees are pressed against the front panel and you'll be fine.

;) It already feels like that!

I played a 'proper' instrument for the first time in a couple of weeks yesterday. Every time I aimed my feet for, say, CC, they ended up on EE, which is where CC is on that short compass pedalboard. It's started already...

• 3 weeks later...

Nachthorn

If nachthorn is still looking for a pedalboard, I have a 32-note radiating concave on my Jubilate 332 which I might consider exchanging for a straight one, following a trip to the continent and playing a few organs there. Phone me on 01673 860856, as I rarely come onto the discussion site.

Peter Godden

• 2 weeks later...

Afraid I can't help, but just thought I'd share that I play four organs, and none of them have "standard" pedalboards. I have a 25 note straight and flat pedalboard, a similar 27 note one, a 30 note straight and flat one, and a 30 note radiating and convex one. Not ideal for learning!

Nachthorn

Maybe worth contacting Ron Coates at Classic organs- http://www.classicorgans.co.uk/ who sells 2nd hand pedalboards reconditioned and converted for MIDI.