Jump to content
Mander Organs
pcnd5584

Profile Changes

Recommended Posts

I have a problem too. I'd say that 80 per cent of the time I come onto the board I have to log in. The remaining 20 per cent it remembers me. :blink:

I suspect that there are others who understand it better than me, but from what I can tell it depends on whether your IP address has changed between visits. Since I changed to a router that is "always on", I don't have to log in each time.

JC

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I suspect that there are others who understand it better than me, but from what I can tell it depends on whether your IP address has changed between visits. Since I changed to a router that is "always on", I don't have to log in each time.

JC

Thanks John.

 

However, it's more mind-boggling than that! My modem stays on all day and the board still "forgets" me. And then, at other times, I'll switch on the computer in the morning and come onto the board and find that it recognizes me! There doesn't seem any pattern to it. :blink: It's just a minor irritation really.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Thanks John.

 

However, it's more mind-boggling than that! My modem stays on all day and the board still "forgets" me. And then, at other times, I'll switch on the computer in the morning and come onto the board and find that it recognizes me! There doesn't seem any pattern to it. :blink: It's just a minor irritation really.

In the past I tried to bookmark the main Invision page but it always took me back to the Mander Home Page. Just now I tried making a new bookmark and it seems to take me straight to the discussion section.

 

For the record I'm on an always-on broadband connection and two other similar boards seem to remember me even after I've rebooted the computer and the router.

 

Onwards and upwards.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
However, it's more mind-boggling than that! My modem stays on all day and the board still "forgets" me. And then, at other times, I'll switch on the computer in the morning and come onto the board and find that it recognizes me! There doesn't seem any pattern to it. :blink: It's just a minor irritation really.

I understand very little about these things, but do you keep deleting your cookies perchance? You probably know this already, but every time you clean out your cookies manually, or your virus checker deletes them, you will also be deleting your log on details because that is where they are stored. I can set my virus checker to ignore cookies I want to keep.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I understand very little about these things, but do you keep deleting your cookies perchance? You probably know this already, but every time you clean out your cookies manually, or your virus checker deletes them, you will also be deleting your log on details because that is where they are stored. I can set my virus checker to ignore cookies I want to keep.

 

Grrr....I've just had to log in again to post this, and was only viewing the board 5 minutes ago and was recognized then. Indeed, I'm still recognized on another tab on IE which I have open!

 

Thanks, Vox. I also understand very little about these things, and thought cookies were for eating. But I'll look into that. However, I'm a member of another Invision Power Board discussion forum, and another forum run by another company, and I'm recognized there 100 per cent of the time. :blink:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I understand very little about these things, but do you keep deleting your cookies perchance? You probably know this already, but every time you clean out your cookies manually, or your virus checker deletes them, you will also be deleting your log on details because that is where they are stored. I can set my virus checker to ignore cookies I want to keep.

 

Mine stays logged on until (thanks be to Virgin) the router connection drops. Then I have to log on again. I can hibernate or shut down the computer and still be remembered.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...