Mander Organ Builders Forum

Board Posting And Editing

pcnd5584

Is anyone else experiencing problems when writing posts on this new version of the board?

On several occasions, I have lost posts (or sections of posts), often seemingly because the board's functions appear to be more sensitive. For example, in attempting to insert a line, or delete a word, a line or a paragraph has occasionally resulted in unintended sections of the post (or quote) disappearing. I have then had to return to the board index page and start again.

In addition, certain functions seem not to work as they used to; I happen to dislike the default font; however, when selecting 'Arial', often only a part of the post is affected. It appears to require a juggling-act, in order to achieve the desired result.

I wonder when the 'Mander' branding will be replaced - I have to say that I rather miss it. The present generic blue I find to be rather less distinguished and visually attractive than the former style.

Is anyone else experiencing problems when writing posts on this new version of the board?

On several occasions, I have lost posts (or sections of posts), often seemingly because the board's functions appear to be more sensitive. For example, in attempting to insert a line, or delete a word, a line or a paragraph has occasionally resulted in unintended sections of the post (or quote) disappearing. I have then had to return to the board index page and start again.

In addition, certain functions seem not to work as they used to; I happen to dislike the default font; however, when selecting 'Arial', often only a part of the post is affected. It appears to require a juggling-act, in order to achieve the desired result.

I wonder when the 'Mander' branding will be replaced - I have to say that I rather miss it. The present generic blue I find to be rather less distinguished and visually attractive than the former style.

Guest Patrick Coleman

Can't say I've noticed any problems.

I have just pressed "add reply" and everything vanished, so one simply has another go. I also wish the little menu square for the "go to last read page" was a little larger - after a glass of wine in the evening (or advancing old age) one sometimes find the mouse pointer is a bit unsteady.

I also can nit get the spel chocker to werk wich is a pittie sometomes.

FF

I have just pressed "add reply" and everything vanished, so one simply has another go. I also wish the little menu square for the "go to last read page" was a little larger - after a glass of wine in the evening (or advancing old age) one sometimes find the mouse pointer is a bit unsteady.

I also can nit get the spel chocker to werk wich is a pittie sometomes.

FF

Ha! ¥

Thank God - I thought that it was just me....[/size]

I am still worried, though. You only drink &%

*wine in the evenings? © ß

*Exmaines large glass of Jacob's Creek Chardonnay somewhat guiltily.*

Говно

ПиздеЦ

Have you unexpectedly switched into one of the non-standard views? Invision Power Board does that occasionally.

To check, click 'Options' near the top right of the page, then under 'Display Modes', make sure 'Standard' is highlighted.

Have you unexpectedly switched into one of the non-standard views? Invision Power Board does that occasionally.

To check, click 'Options' near the top right of the page, then under 'Display Modes', make sure 'Standard' is highlighted.

No - but thank you, anyway!

Ha! ¥

Thank God - I thought that it was just me....[/size]

I am still worried, though. You only drink &%

*wine in the evenings? © ß

ШиТ

No point in looking at it - drink it!

Regards,

FF

There's a spiel chucker? :P

Can't say I've noted any problems. I prefer the new format.

Mmmm - but what if I told you that the graphic design was created by a refugee from Hele & Co., who happened to have an artistic bent (as it were....)?

:)

Goodness - this is spooky!!

Has anyone noticed that the board's graphics are changing as we type?

Look at the masthead....

De-de-de-dum, de-de-de-dum....

(*Hums opening of theme to The Twilight Zone.*)

Mmmm - but what if I told you that the graphic design was created by a refugee from Hele & Co., who happened to have an artistic bent (as it were....)?

Um... is this what is meant by the word oxymoron?

Actually the modern Hele at Emmanuel Church in Plymouth is not bad at all.

One annoying glitch I have noticed is that sometimes in reply mode my delete button refuses to work and I have to use the backspace key to delete text. I did have this same problem on another, now-defunct forum, though I can't remember whether it used Invision software.

Um... is this what is meant by the word oxymoron?

Actually the modern Hele at Emmanuel Church in Plymouth is not bad at all.

One annoying glitch I have noticed is that sometimes in reply mode my delete button refuses to work and I have to use the backspace key to delete text. I did have this same problem on another, now-defunct forum, though I can't remember whether it used Invision software.

Well, at least that is one problem which I do not experience.

I will now search for the nice Hele organ.

Incidentally, does Maurice Eglinton still work for them?

You see? People do listen to you sometimes! :)

If only my pupils did....!!

:P

(Actually, they do - generally. If they show signs of distraction or inattention, I find that threatening to bring out the LeRoy Neiman paintings usually snaps them back to wakefulness (with a nervous edge....).

I will now search for the nice Hele organ.

Incidentally, does Maurice Eglinton still work for them?

Maurice was Hele's! As I posted a while ago, he has sold the business to Christopher Gray of the Midland Organ Company, which is now known as The Midland Organ, Hele & Co Ltd. I imagine this amounted to little more than the transfer of the Hele name and goodwill in the form of existing tuning contracts. I understand that Maurice is now technically employed by the company to look after its interests in the south west. What the long-term vision is I don't know. Maurice wants to retire, I think.

Guest Geoff McMahon
Ah - the organ is back.

Mr. Mander - thank you very much!

I appreciate your kind gesture.

Piacere piacet. Rebranding still in progress - have to decide which parts to make transparent, and which other colours should be changed.

Moderator, Mander Organs

Piacere piacet. Rebranding still in progress - have to decide which parts to make transparent, and which other colours should be changed.

Moderator, Mander Organs

Ah - in which case, I await eagerly the finis coronat opus....

============================

Typical organist!

200 stops, five manuals and we feel at home. QWERTY keyboard and a screen, and we're lost.

I must really be with-it, because I hadn't noticed any differences. Still, I'm the sort who reaches for the Trompette Militaire, only to discover that this was yesterday, and the best on offer is a Swell Oboe and an octave coupler.

MM

Guest Patrick Coleman

Why be guilty? Lucky sod!

Why be guilty? Lucky sod!

I understand your feeling of guilt. I would have expected a man with your nom de plume to choose a Chassagne Montrachet rather than Jacob's Creek.

JC