Mander Organ Builders Forum

Flooding

Please can I haul this thread back to insurance situations.

FF

==========================

Presumably, any ecclestistical insurance service would be the first to recognise an "Act of God" when it occurs?

MM

Regretfully the annual music festival, Musica Deo Sacra, due to be held in Tewkesbury Abbey next week has been cancelled. This is not surprising as many of the performers stay with families in the town and I know from friends that there is little running water at present and much of the town is a mess.

Preparations for the The Three Choirs Festival in Gloucester (4-12 August) are in progress and it is planned that the festival will take place. http://www.3choirs.org/gloucester2007/highlights_news.php

According to the BBC Radio Gloucestershire website:-

"Residents of Tewkesbury have been cut off - roads in and out of the town are impassable and water and sewage have begun seeping into 12th century Tewkesbury Abbey."

It's been a week now but I, for one, would be grateful for news of the well-being - or otherwise - of organists Roy Massey, Christopher Regan, Carleton Etherington and Ben Nicholas who all live in the town...

It's been a week now but I, for one, would be grateful for news of the well-being - or otherwise - of organists Roy Massey, Christopher Regan, Carleton Etherington and Ben Nicholas who all live in the town...

I doubt if Roy Massey or come to think of it any of the other Organists were affected . I bet u Roy was probably on holiday when it happen. or may be not lol I do feel sorry for the people of Tewkesbury and its magnificent Abbey. Although the last time I visited the Abbey there was a really bad rancid smell in the building. I don't think I would want to be there now lol It would be too distracting for me.