Mander Organ Builders Forum

Alan Hemmings - Is That Name Familiar To Anyone?

asdfgh

I was taught organ at school - around about 25 years ago - by an Alan Hemmings. He'd have been very roughly in his late forties or early fifties by then. I didn't know much about him, but I find myself often thinking of him. Does anyone know anything about him, or better still have any contact details? If the latter, you could send me a message via this site or I could give you my e-mail address.

Jon

Guest Lee Blick
but I find myself often thinking of him

I often thought about my music teacher. Have you looked him up on Friend's Reunited? I have seen school teachers on there. I hope you find him. I am sure he must have been a positive influence on you if you think of him so much.

Guest Psalm 78 v.67

There was an Alan Hemmings who was Organ Scholar at St John's a good few years back - at a guess, 1953-56-ish and taught subsequently at Clifton College....

There was an Alan Hemmings who was Organ Scholar at St John's a good few years back - at a guess, 1953-56-ish and taught subsequently at Clifton College....

Thanks, both - appreciated. Alan Stephen Hemmings dob 1934, it seems from other Googling, is probably the guy I'm looking for.

• 11 years later...

Alan Hemmings - Is That Name Familiar To Anyone?

I know that this thread was some time ago, but...I too have thought of this very inspiring music teacher and gifted

organist over the years - wondering how he might be (now 84 I think). I would love to contact him if possible.

I remember ASH at Clifton College, I would have been 10 or 12 and both in the school choir and studying

music - nothing so grand as the organ, but I do remember him playing the Trumpet Voluntary.

On another occasion I remember going on a choir outing, caving to the Mendips - v risky today! But Oh such fun

singing in that cavern! How did you get on Jon?