Mander Organs
Sign in to follow this  
martin_greenwood

Arrangement Of Nimrod?

Arranged by WH Harris, published by Novello as No. 1 of "Modern Transcriptions for Organ", copyright 1932 (renewed 1960).

Hope this helps.

Best wishes,

Douglas.

Guest Barry Williams

The Harris arrangement was made from Elgar's piano arrangement, not the orchestral score.

There are others, made by Rawthsthorne and (I think) Ridout, that are slightly more idiomatic to the organ.

Barry Williams

I have one done by a colleague of mine, which imo is far superior to any of the 'published' arrangments' i will be happy to email scans of this off if anyone wants. It uses the original orchesteral score, rather than the piano arrangment as its base. Needs three manuals to play though, and some fairly flexible thumbs

It is much harder than harris though

Guest wmanny
I have one done by a colleague of mine, which imo is far superior to any of the 'published' arrangments' i will be happy to email scans of this off if anyone wants. It uses the original orchesteral score, rather than the piano arrangment as its base. Needs three manuals to play though, and some fairly flexible thumbs

It is much harder than harris though

I would be interested in getting a scan of your friend's arrangement (or the Harris for that matter -- I am having difficulty finding a website that will download that particular sheet music).

Thanks,

wmanny@millbrook.org