Mander Organ Builders Forum

Arrangement Of Nimrod?

martin_greenwood

Guest Barry Williams

The Harris arrangement was made from Elgar's piano arrangement, not the orchestral score.

There are others, made by Rawthsthorne and (I think) Ridout, that are slightly more idiomatic to the organ.

Barry Williams

I have one done by a colleague of mine, which imo is far superior to any of the 'published' arrangments' i will be happy to email scans of this off if anyone wants. It uses the original orchesteral score, rather than the piano arrangment as its base. Needs three manuals to play though, and some fairly flexible thumbs

It is much harder than harris though

• 2 weeks later...
I have one done by a colleague of mine, which imo is far superior to any of the 'published' arrangments' i will be happy to email scans of this off if anyone wants. It uses the original orchesteral score, rather than the piano arrangment as its base. Needs three manuals to play though, and some fairly flexible thumbs

It is much harder than harris though

I would be interested in getting a scan of your friend's arrangement (or the Harris for that matter -- I am having difficulty finding a website that will download that particular sheet music).

Thanks,

wmanny@millbrook.org