Mander Organs
Guest Barry Williams

Appointments

I see that the Wells Cathedral Oratorio Society has a vacancy for a proof reader. [Line 1, paragraph 2].

Indeed. The writing leaves something to be desired in a few places.

Does anyone know who's going to St Mary's Reigate replacing John Tobin?

Sadly no-one has been appointed. The appointment process happened as scheduled with none of the candidates being appointed.

Worcester

Although the appointment of George Castle as Assistant DoM at Winchester was noted some time ago, as far as I can see I don’t think this interesting thread has ever announced that his replacement as Sub-Assistant Organist at Worcester Cathedral is James Luxton, who takes up his duties on September 3rd. Supporters of organ and church music in Worcester wish George every success at Winchester and welcome James to Worcester.

I see that Christopher Bowers-Broadbent (Organist of the West London Synagogue and also Organist & Choirmaster of Gray's Inn) has been appointed a Fellow of the Honourable Society of Gray's Inn. [The Times, Saturday 01-Sep-2012, Page 102].

HTIOI,

Dave

This strictly speaking is not an appointment either... However the matter has been discussed in these parts before now and to cut to the chase its good news!

The Archbishop of Canterbury has today conferred Lambeth Degrees on (amongst others):

Dr Francis Jackson and Dr Martin Neary

A cause for rejoicing...

http://www.archbishopofcanterbury.org/articles.php/2649/archbishop-of-canterbury-awards-lambeth-degrees

Croydon Minster (or Croydon parish Church for many of us) has announced that Ronny Kripner from St George's Hanover Square is to be the new DOM.

An inspired appointment of a very talented musician. Congratulations Ronny & Croydon!

Official announcement:

http://www.croydonmi...rector-of-Music

Christmas blessings to all Organist friends in the Southern Hemisphere from a very hot Sydney- 'In the Bleak Midwinter' with sweat in our our eyes!

C-V

I quote from the Vicar's Letter dated August 2012:

"After nearly 10 years at All Saints, Paul now wishes to have the freedom to explore new opportunities in his increasingly busy professional career".

He leaves on 28th April 2013.

A

Seems Timothy Byram-Wigfield is moving to All Saints Margaret Street.

This is indeed confirmed in a round-robin from him.

Seems Timothy Byram-Wigfield is moving to All Saints Margaret Street. Nothing on church or chapel website but see http://en.wikipedia...._Byram-Wigfield and http://en.wikipedia....iki/Paul_Brough

Its been announced locally that Steven Bullamore (Waltham Abbey) is off to St Mary-Le-Tower Ipswich to be replaced by Jonathan Lilley. Other major PC news to follow....

(Corrected to reflect next post)

Benedict Wilson has been appointed the first full-time DoM at Holy Trinity, Stratford-upon-Avon from this summer. His current 'paired' jobs of College Organist at Haileybury and ADoM at All Saints Hertford will therefore be vacant from Sept 2013. Applications by 3/5/13 with auditions 15-17th May.

I note that the post of Director of Music at Shrewsbury Abbey is advertised - again. Am I correct in thinking that a contributor to this forum (Contrabombarde) is currently the Organist at the abbey (as opposed to Director of Music) ? I wonder if anyone has any further information about this appointment, including who has left and where they are going - if it is possible to give this information at present, please.

Thank you.

Any intelligence on the vacancies at St George's Windsor and/or St David's (the latter, I don't think has been advertised yet?)?

St George's interviews at the end of this week, so let's all just be patient and wait for the process to take its course.

I note that the post of Director of Music at Shrewsbury Abbey is advertised - again. Am I correct in thinking that a contributor to this forum (Contrabombarde) is currently the Organist at the abbey (as opposed to Director of Music) ? I wonder if anyone has any further information about this appointment, including who has left and where they are going - if it is possible to give this information at present, please.

Thank you.

The current Director of Music is Tom Edwards - I believe he's giving up the job as he plans to emigrate. There have been recent plans to restore and complete the organ - not before time! It would seem that very few music directors has stayed there for a considerable time in recent years.