Mander Organ Builders Forum

American Reed Organ For Sale

DaveHarries

Hi all,

Went to church at Cloford (between Nunney and Bruton, Somerset) on 14th October for the morning service and noticed a quaint reed organ in the church there. However, the reed organ is for sale as it has been superceeded by an electronic.

The instrument was built by Burdett of Chicago, USA in 1860 but their operation was destroyed in the Great Fire of Chicago in 1871.

The vicar accepted my offer to advertise this organ online and I have done so. Details can be found at this address, along with a photo:

http://www.btinternet.com/~dcharries/clofordorgan.htm

Lovely looking instrument: would suit small chapel or perhaps a house with enough space. The parish want it to go to a good home though.

Dave

Hi all,

Went to church at Cloford (between Nunney and Bruton, Somerset) on 14th October for the morning service and noticed a quaint reed organ in the church there. However, the reed organ is for sale as it has been superceeded by an electronic.

The instrument was built by Burdett of Chicago, USA in 1860 but their operation was destroyed in the Great Fire of Chicago in 1871.

The vicar accepted my offer to advertise this organ online and I have done so. Details can be found at this address, along with a photo:

http://www.btinternet.com/~dcharries/clofordorgan.htm

Lovely looking instrument: would suit small chapel or perhaps a house with enough space. The parish want it to go to a good home though.

Dave

Hi Dave

I would suggest trying the Reed Organ List online (let me know if you want me to forward this). I wouldn't hold out too much hope though - American organs are relatively common still.

Every Blessing

Tony

Hi Dave

I would suggest trying the Reed Organ List online (let me know if you want me to forward this). I wouldn't hold out too much hope though - American organs are relatively common still.

Every Blessing

Tony

Not at all our side of the Channel!

Please let us some days to see if someone is

interested in Belgium or France; I linked on the file

on Organographia.

Pierre

Hi Dave

Every Blessing

Tony

Just posted this on the reed organ list

Tony