Mander Organ Builders Forum

Help Locating Organ Music

andyorgan

Topic description says it all.

Can anyone help me to locate a copy of the Scherzo from the Organ Symphony in C minor Op.47 by Holloway?

I think I've got it. Unfortunately, if I do, it will be a very long way down a pretty difficult-to-get-to heap. Do you belong to the RCO? If so, they can earn back some of the (more than) £70 you've paid them for membership this year and someone can copy this movement for you. They are bound to have it, although their copy may be a long away away from whichever back bedroom the organisation now runs from.

If all else fails please PM me and I'll carry out a search for you. My library is indexed apart from the mouldering heaps of victorian stuff. Holloway's music that I've tried is good stuff, he was organist at the Crystal Palace, wasn't he?

I think I've got it. Unfortunately, if I do, it will be a very long way down a pretty difficult-to-get-to heap. Do you belong to the RCO? If so, they can earn back some of the (more than) £70 you've paid them for membership this year and someone can copy this movement for you. They are bound to have it, although their copy may be a long away away from whichever back bedroom the organisation now runs from.

If all else fails please PM me and I'll carry out a search for you. My library is indexed apart from the mouldering heaps of victorian stuff. Holloway's music that I've tried is good stuff, he was organist at the Crystal Palace, wasn't he?

Thanks, yes have just sent off this year's cheque to the RCO! I'll PM you if I don't have any luck.

This movement is actually quite good, though I don't know what the rest of it is like. It used to be on the Sibelius site in a modern edition, but has disappeared recently, just as I thought I should buy a copy. Other organ stuff disappeared from the Sib site when publishers got wind that some of it was still in copyright, but that clearly doesn't apply to Holloway.

Yes, he was at the CP, apparently when it burned down!