Mander Organ Builders Forum

Thank-you For The Years Of Entertainment On This Board

Guest Lee Blick

Guest Lee Blick

Firstly, my apologies for my comments in the John Rutter thread. I didn't think I was being that contraversial in that thread but I guess some people didn't see it that way.

Secondly, I have decided to leave this board. I am no longer a member of the Christian faith and no longer feel it is worth me debating church music and organ playing here anymore.

I have enjoyed the entertainment of posting on this board.

Moderators, please de-register me. Thank-you.

As a newcomer, who has been an avid "watcher" for some time, I am sorry to see another familiar name disappear - there seem to have been several! Psalm 78 disappeared recently I think, but gave no reason.

Firstly, my apologies for my comments in the John Rutter thread. I didn't think I was being that contraversial in that thread but I guess some people didn't see it that way.

.......I for one shall be sorry to see you go. Whilst some of the things you have said are somewhat 'challenging' you have often caused me some mirth, even on a otherwise dreary day at the office doing church/organ admin!

At the very least you have not been afraid to speak your mind, and this is not always a bad thing, surely.........

.......I for one shall be sorry to see you go. Whilst some of the things you have said are somewhat 'challenging' you have often caused me some mirth, even on a otherwise dreary day at the office doing church/organ admin!

At the very least you have not been afraid to speak your mind, and this is not always a bad thing, surely.........

Completely echo bomhard32's view. Sorry to see you go - if you must. Can you not sleep on it?

Richard

Guest Geoff McMahon
As a newcomer, who has been an avid "watcher" for some time, I am sorry to see another familiar name disappear - there seem to have been several! Psalm 78 disappeared recently I think, but gave no reason.

8GB, the moderators know that you are not a newcomer - please don't go out of your way to mislead the other participants.

Moderator, Mander Organs

Firstly, my apologies for my comments in the John Rutter thread. I didn't think I was being that controversial in that thread but I guess some people didn't see it that way.

Secondly, I have decided to leave this board. I am no longer a member of the Christian faith and no longer feel it is worth me debating church music and organ playing here any more.

Moderators, please de-register me. Thank-you.

As has been already stated, an organist's faith or lack of has nothing to do with their ability to play the organ. This Forum does not have the word Church in the title, it is open to any person who is interested in the instrument.

You could, of course, re-register under another pseudonym, leaving us all to guess.

If everyone had to stick to making sure everything they said was absolutely free from any possible misinterpretation, libel, or 100% factually correct, the whole thing would grind to a halt.

• 3 weeks later...

I have decided to leave this board. I am no longer a member of the Christian faith and no longer feel it is worth me debating church music and organ playing here anymore.

C'mon Lee.........If like me, you can't keep away from the board, you must be watching.....We do all miss you. Get back in here and start posting again. I am reading a book at the moment about monks and stone masons in the 13th century, and the monks keep on going on about humility and the stone masons keep on going on about building for glory. I am not quite sure why I said this, but I think many of your comments probably make readers think about both humility and glory (whether you are or are not a christian!).....

So......my favourite cathedral organ in England is Salisbury....it is perfection in 65 stops. What is yours Lee??

Richard