Mander Organ Builders Forum

Redundant Chapel Available

headcase

Through a family member, I have been made aware of a large Grade II chapel, galleried and seating up to 600, plus adjoining halls, which is soon to be redundant, and likely to be put on the market. Location is in very central Trowbridge, Wilts, a flourishing town with good road and rail connections.

The chapel contains a pleasant II/P organ, in pretty reasonable condition, situated on the gallery above the pulpit.

The building might be suitable for residential conversion or light industrial purposes, or a combination of both ? That's something that would need to be established by any interested parties.

The complex of buildings is not in the best state of repair and it is likely that the selling price would reflect this.

If anyone is genuinely interested, please PM me and I will put you in touch with the right person for further discussion.

H

Through a family member, I have been made aware of a large Grade II chapel, galleried and seating up to 600, plus adjoining halls, which is soon to be redundant, and likely to be put on the market. Location is in very central Trowbridge, Wilts, a flourishing town with good road and rail connections.

The chapel contains a pleasant II/P organ, in pretty reasonable condition, situated on the gallery above the pulpit.

The building might be suitable for residential conversion or light industrial purposes, or a combination of both ? That's something that would need to be established by any interested parties.

The complex of buildings is not in the best state of repair and it is likely that the selling price would reflect this.

If anyone is genuinely interested, please PM me and I will put you in touch with the right person for further discussion.

H

Please, please, please, please tell me this is NOT the United Church opposite St James'. What a dreadful loss that would be. It was regularly full to the rafters when I was there a few years ago and was the only church I had ever been involved in which had a profoundly positive impact on the non-churchgoing community around it. If I have told anecdotes about taking homeless people for Christmas dinner and operating daily soup kitchens, it has been in connection with this place.

Please, please, please, please tell me this is NOT the United Church opposite St James'. What a dreadful loss that would be. It was regularly full to the rafters when I was there a few years ago and was the only church I had ever been involved in which had a profoundly positive impact on the non-churchgoing community around it. If I have told anecdotes about taking homeless people for Christmas dinner and operating daily soup kitchens, it has been in connection with this place.

I DONT want to hijack this post David, but I was a chorister briefly at St James Trowbridge..

Back to the post....

If it were that chapel, it would make a lovely concert hall - nothing else like it in Trowbridge or the the nearby towns

Richard

I DONT want to hijack this post David, but I was a chorister briefly at St James Trowbridge..

Back to the post....

If it were that chapel, it would make a lovely concert hall - nothing else like it in Trowbridge or the the nearby towns

Richard

The Bradford on Avon Music Centre is a smashing little hall and for small scale events the Rook Lane Chapel in Frome is effective too.

AJJ

Guest Patrick Coleman
The Bradford on Avon Music Centre is a smashing little hall and for small scale events the Rook Lane Chapel in Frome is effective too.

AJJ

The Bradford Music Centre is a lovely auditorium. My nephews' school has its annual Young Musician finals there.