Mander Organ Builders Forum

Top 20 Posters

Peter Clark

Just looked up today's top 20 posters.Makes you wonder when we get time for practice! :P !

P

=====================

I note that I am now second only to 'pcnd' in the volume stakes, but I think you should know that of the 2371 posts, possibly as many as 2,000 are complete rubbish!

More worrying is the covert conspiracy which the board represents!

I have this theory that all the information is fed to the Police and MI5 jointly.......and the RCO of course.

Over a period of time, it would be possible to ascertain the life-style of people, their movements, their sleeping habits, interests, proclivities, abilities, associations, political activities and whether (and this is the crunch) they can actually play the organ or not!

It could be that all our reputations (or lack of one in my case), have been destroyed for all time.

Publish and be damned!!!!!!!!!

:lol:

MM

=====================

I note that I am now second only to 'pcnd' in the volume stakes, but I think you should know that of the 2371 posts, possibly as many as 2,000 are complete rubbish!

In your opinion only. I find 99.9% of all your posts incredibly entertaining.

:P

Completely mis-interpreted the subject of the post. Was expecting someone's thoughts on the 20 best organ wall-posters :( Not even sure such things exist.

Not 'organ' exactly but....

there's one I've seen of a tennis player adjusting her attire - this would qualify, I believe.

Not 'organ' exactly but....

there's one I've seen of a tennis player adjusting her attire - this would qualify, I believe.

in fairness to the topic......I took a choir to Gloucester this Summer (awful organ.....I know this is well covered!!) as you climb the stairs to the console (horrible pokey little console too), there is the most amazing poster of some 5 manual French organ console on the left hand side. Dunno where it is tho - but an amazing poster nevertheless.

Richard

in fairness to the topic......I took a choir to Gloucester this Summer (awful organ.....I know this is well covered!!) as you climb the stairs to the console (horrible pokey little console too), there is the most amazing poster of some 5 manual French organ console on the left hand side. Dunno where it is tho - but an amazing poster nevertheless.

Richard

As far as I can remember, it is that at S. Sulpice - although I am surprised that DJB left it there when he moved. (Unless, of course, the present incumbents happen to have a similar poster.)

Naturally, I cannot agree with either your assessment of the organ or its console....

As far as I can remember, it is that at S. Sulpice - although I am surprised that DJB left it there when he moved. (Unless, of course, the present incumbents happen to have a similar poster.)

Naturally, I cannot agree with either your assessment of the organ or its console....

and you'll be very shocked to hear the latest change at Gloucester - the sofa has gone!

and you'll be very shocked to hear the latest change at Gloucester - the sofa has gone!

Nooooooo - not the sofa?!!

At one stage, there was also a coffee machine up there. As well as about fifteen posters of mostly French cathedral organs, a couple of brass miniatures (la Tour Eiffel and Nôtre-Dame), several dead shoes - and an old beret.... thankfully without the onion-seller still attached.

This is sheer environmental vandalism. There was a whole ecosystem thriving in there.

Apparently, so a very good source has it, that sofa used to belong to a certain Roy Massey years ago...

Oh, and has anyone checked the loft at St. John's Cambridge for the missing article? It was there in May but gone by September :rolleyes: