Mander Organ Builders Forum

Camilleri Missa Mundi

David Coram

Long shot, but anyone here know anyone who plays this? If so, I might have something which could be to your/their advantage. Very swift reply necessary though.

The Great Dame.....definitely,

probably Kevin Bowyer too!

I've got a copy, but not a spare month or so with nothing else to do but practise!

Long shot, but anyone here know anyone who plays this? If so, I might have something which could be to your/their advantage. Very swift reply necessary though.

I am fairly certain I heard Kevin Bowyer play it in his Warwick days but I may be wrong as he played a lot of modern music, some of it made more difficult to digest by the organ of St Mary's Warwick, since slightly tamed! From his web site at http://www.kevinbowyer.net/ I found a recording at http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B...030XK/tactus-21 . Hope this helps.

The Great Dame.....definitely,

probably Kevin Bowyer too!

Gillian Weir's 1975 recording from the RFH is on the fifth CD of Argo's boxed set of her, King of Instruments - The Art of Gillian Weir. Discs (new) now available separately on Amazon for under £3; look for The Art of Gillian Weir Vol. 5

Gillian Weir's 1975 recording from the RFH is on the fifth CD of Argo's boxed set of her, King of Instruments - The Art of Gillian Weir. Discs (new) now available separately on Amazon for under £3; look for The Art of Gillian Weir Vol. 5

Yes, got the GW recording, but rather hoping there's someone on the board who knows the piece and could take it on...

I would definitely ask Kevin Bowyer.

I recently needed to find an organist who could learn 60 minutes of Peter Maxwell Davies in 28 days.

I e - mailed Kevin on his website and received a most helpful response that was the soul of charm. He was really excited by the idea and entirely willing to drop everything and give it a shot.

Eventually we did not go with him, simply because the concert proved too complicated, logistically, to pull off (my amateur choir could not find the right church on the right day for the right fee) but I always remember his unassuming enthusiasm.

These people may play like gods, but they are ordinary people like you and me and very happy to try and arrange something. Granted, there will be a professional fee to pay, but you suggest that that may not be problem.

Best regards,

M