Mander Organ Builders Forum

Chichester Cathedral

mrbouffant

Another lady DoM I note! The South of England has started a new trend!!

Who please?

AJJ

PS - Question answered - just spotted the announcement on the Chichester website.

• 2 weeks later...
Stumbled across this very positive item on the BBC site:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/mediaselector/check/p...m=1&nbram=1

Unusually free from gaffs for a music-related news story.

Unusual to see the organ presented in such a positive light these days, and looks like a very significant project. And of course, well done for Sarah in getting Chichester, a very good decision on the part of the Cathedral authorities.

Jonathan

Indeed - this was a good report; and, I should think, an exciting time ahead for Chichester. I also wish Sarah well in her new job.

What was even better was that this report went out at prime time 6 o'clock news over the whole of the South of England!

Excellent report. Nice to see the entirely unapologetic reference to Messiaen. Down here in the depths of Philistia I doubt you could get away with anything like that. It would simply be greeted with slack jaws and blank stares - or inverted snobbery. Our local TV companies just wouldn't be interested at all.

Excellent report. Nice to see the entirely unapologetic reference to Messiaen. Down here in the depths of Philistia I doubt you could get away with anything like that. It would simply be greeted with slack jaws and blank stares - or inverted snobbery. Our local TV companies just wouldn't be interested at all.

However, give them a sign of "trouble" in church and they're all over it. A number of years ago when we put one of our very elderly church choirs out to graze, two of our choirmembers went to the press to attack the vicar for introducing some happy-clappies and the publicity was extraordinary after the two issues became confused. I've still got the videos of the local news programmes which were, of course, incredibly biased and tried to make both the vicar and me look as if we were the devil incarnate!