Mander Organs
Richard McVeigh

York Minster

Then one person per voice really is the ideal!

Not quite one to a part, but there are still six man choirs out there.

:)

I see, in Church Times,an advertisment for an Assistant DOM to Robert Sharpe who will support him and JSW. Starts Sept 2008. So York joins Westminster Abbey and Winchester in having a four strong Music Team !

I see, in Church Times,an advertisment for an Assistant DOM to Robert Sharpe who will support him and JSW. Starts Sept 2008. So York joins Westminster Abbey and Winchester in having a four strong Music Team !

You omitted St Pauls' Cathedral...

Will this actually be four? What is happening to the Organ Scholar post - not advertised this year as far as I know.

Best Wishes

PL

I don't believe Winchester are to have a four-strong team - there's going to be No1, No2 and eventually a girl's choir person though no appointment was made this time round. Present No3 position ceases to exist I understand.

D

Richard

Some lovely Messiaen, from Livre de Sacrament, on Saturday-the Institution in particular. Did JSW play both pieces?

Are the swell shutters a bit squeaky at present?

Ed