Mander Organ Builders Forum

Happy New Year

gazman

I'd like to take this opportunity to wish everybody on the Mander forum a very happy 2008.

I began contributing to the forum earlier this year when I was climbing up the walls with boredom whilst being temporarily housebound after surgery, and have derived much pleasure from this forum ever since.

Thank you all for your entertaining and informative postings, and for having made me feel welcome.

All the best for 2008. May all your pistons work and your organs never cipher!

G.

I'd like to take this opportunity to wish everybody on the Mander forum a very happy 2008.

I joined the forum earlier this year when I was climbing up the walls with boredom whilst being temporarily housebound after surgery, and have derived much pleasure from this forum ever since.

Thank you all for your entertaining and informative postings, and for having made me feel welcome.

G.

Thanks Gareth. May your Bach bite, your Reger resound and your Messiaen mesmerise!

Peter

Likewise - best wishes to everyone here. Coupled with my thanks to all who, by posts on the board, assisted me in some difficult choices in 2007.

I joined the forum earlier this year when I was climbing up the walls with boredom whilst being temporarily housebound after surgery, and have derived much pleasure from this forum ever since.

G.

===============================

I wish everyone a very happy and prosperous New Year, and hope that the next 12 months on-board will be as fascinating

and informative as the previous year.

I think this discussion board stands supreme in being so humane, so friendly and so balanced, with a bit of everything for everybody.

I resolve to make my humour more amusing than ever this year!

MM

Well, I haven't played an organ in the last two months as I've been working deep in the depths of north east Congo, but I will be spending a few days in Kampala later this month so hopefully will get a chance to play on the organ in Namiremb cathedral. No idea who the original builder was, but at 16 stops across two manuals it can probably claim to be the smallest cathedral organ (at least in a capital city) in the world. Does anyone know if this record has been beaten?

Contrabombarde

Well, I haven't played an organ in the last two months as I've been working deep in the depths of north east Congo, but I will be spending a few days in Kampala later this month so hopefully will get a chance to play on the organ in Namiremb cathedral. No idea who the original builder was, but at 16 stops across two manuals it can probably claim to be the smallest cathedral organ (at least in a capital city) in the world. Does anyone know if this record has been beaten?

Contrabombarde

'Same sized one here.

AJJ